Chez Michelin
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
La Digue Island Lodge(La Digue Island)
US$360
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
Casa De Leela(La Digue Island)
US$138
US$128
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Six Senses Zil Pasyon(Felicite Island)
US$1,968
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Chateau St Cloud(La Digue Island)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
Gregoire's Apartments(La Digue Island)
TripAdvisor
  • Bar/Lounge
Le Repaire Boutique Hotel(La Digue Island)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Hotel L'Ocean(La Digue Island)
  • Restaurant
Le Chateau de Feuilles(Baie Ste Anne)
All reviewshiresunsetferryjettybike
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 January 2017

It was a wonderful stay from the minute we got there to the end day when we didn't want to live. The ladies was very nice and lovely. Our room had air conditioning and a large veranda if u preferred the view of the sunset. You can be allocated with a room with or without a kitchen. It has the perfect location, very quiet and just opposite the beach and a few minutes walk away from the jetty and center. I decided to review this location after the previous reviews i read made me skeptical to go there but still gave it a try and i was amazed and really glad i did it.

Room Tip: The first small room with smaller varenda facing the beach and more private!!
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2016

I made my reservation 2 weeks before I arrived. I called them and wrote an E-Mail. Fortunately I called again before arriving and they said they didn't have a reservation for me, but a room is free and so I can come. After 3 days they told me that I have to leave earlier because a big group is comming and they need my room. They said it in an unfriendly and angry way. They didn't recommended another room or organized something.
As a guest they gave me often the feeling that I disturb and spoke with me in an unfriendly way. I wouldn't stay there again. Because they act arbitrary and throw you out when they can make more profit with anotger guest.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Katja T
Reviewed 9 June 2016

Our stay got off to a bad start..and unfortunately went from bad to worse!

Had tried to phone two days before booking to ask some simple questions. Line constantly busy so emailed. No response. Phoned day before again and was told by the person who answered she was too busy to talk and would respond to email. Never received a response before arrival!

On arrival, staff member looked at us completely blankly - seemed not to be aware of our booking at all.

Then proprietor tried to say we had only booked a one-bedroom bungalow with three single beds for 130 Euro, despite me providing proof of the booking.com app page clearly showing we had booked for three adults in 1x Queen + 2x twin bed configuration at this price.

Despite being ‘self catering’ there was absolutely NOTHING in the room. No tea, coffee, milk, sugar, salt, pepper. No cereal bowls, wine glasses, ice tray. No toaster. No dishwashing liquid even. The dishwashing sponge was so old and revolting it was falling apart. The oven was gas which needed lighting, but there were no instructions to show us how to do so. The booking.com ad said there would be a TV and safe. There was neither. The ad said ‘toiletries’ but the extent of this was a small bar of soap, which we had to go and ask for, along with a hand towel for the bathroom. The ad said WIFI…again, nothing. The pillows were as hard as bricks and the extent of bedding was just a thin sheet.

The proprietor was extremely rude throughout our stay. One other staff member did her best under the circumstances to try and bring us the things we asked for, but we were back and forth to reception like yo-yos.

This was an incredibly disappointing stay, especially as La Digue is one of my favourite places in Seychelles and I had hoped to show my mum and aunty visiting from NZ why I love it there so much.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2016 via mobile

They now have rooms with air conditioner and very comfortable beds they have a delicious breakfast which they can serve to your cabin, it's right next to the beach, very helpful and understanding owners which are very friendly and it's nice to stay there because it is supporting a local family business and not a big corporate one.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 February 2016

Great place 5 mins walk from the ferry and shops and restaurants. One of the most economical self catering places in Seychelles. Large, clean Aircon rooms ( although some only have a fan) Great breakfast, fruit, eggs, toast ,juice , tea and coffee included in price. You can get your bike hire here too. Next door to a big hotel -l' Orangerie , where you can have lunch, drinks, dinner spa and use the wifi!!

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms with Aircon as they don't all have it.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo