“Good steak house”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lakeville Rd
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

Decided to celebrate a special occasion here last week. The food was very good although pricey like any other North Shore steakhouse. Service was good although we felt a bit rushed and also thought that the waitstaff didn't have the polish that other steak house waiters typically have. Most of us attending are steak but the fish was also good.

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

Visiting from Florida for a family member's graduation, we selected Union Prime for the geographic convenience even more than the expectation of a great meal. Fortunately, we did enjoy an incredible lunch experience. Our waiter (I think his name was Poben, but I may have misunderstood) offered the most attentive service possible. His banter with all three generations, from an 8th-grader to an 88 year old grandpa made the day fun. Food from sushi to salads, burgers and steaks allowed everyone to enjoy exactly what they wanted. Desserts were unique and tasted great. I can't believe that there are any substandard reviews, as this is a special place worth visiting.

Reviewed 7 May 2017

This is an HONEST REVIEW by a North Shore resident that made a reservation at Union Prime with an open mind and the hope of a good Saturday night meal.
My wife and I went to this venue in an attempt to find a good alternative to the many excellent steakhouses on the North Shore of Long Island. To say we were disappointed is an understatement !!
I should have been suspicious when on a Saturday night it was easy to get a reservation when the other steakhouses in the area were all booked.
I can honestly say there wasn't one thing that was up to par including the bread basket that was dry and tasteless. The Union Salad ( that is supposed to imitate the great salads in other venues ) was very small ( 1/2 the size of a normal salad ) and had a very strong taste of vinegar that overpowered the other sparse ingredients.
The next course is what really blew me away. They advertised Joe's JUMBO Stone Crabs las an appetizer and as a regular stone crab eater I was anxious to taste them. They were priced at $30 for two JUMBO crabs. The crabs turned out to be smaller than the medium crabs sold in Miami and nowhere close to being as advertised. There was virtually no meat in the crab and the mustard sauce was the worst I have ever tasted. I called the manager over and he was evidently never trained in customer service. All he did was shake his head and say that the "purveyor" told them they are jumbo. No apology, no attempt to rectify the situation and clearly like a fish out of water in terms of how to satisfy a customer.
The main dishes and side dishes were equally poor attempts to mimic what a steakhouse is meant to be. I have had better steaks, potatoes and spinach in a diner.
I won't even start on the poor level of service because the inadequacies in the food department is enough to make this place a loser.
PLEASE HEED MY WARNINGS - SAVE YOUR TIME AND MONEY - FIND ANOTHER RESTAURANT THAT WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS.

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Visited here for a cocktail work get together on a Tuesday evening. The restaurant is pretty, bright and fresh looking. The room you can rent was perfect for the event and would be good if hosting a shower or something else. The appetizer food was good and the staff was very accommodating.

Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

We were here with family expecting to have a great meal and service. The staff could not have been more inattentive, we had to ask for our appetizers, ordered a bottle of wine and had to pour our own refills. We had to ask after 45 minutes when are we getting our entrees. We complained to the manager and received nothing but excuses. Horrendous service after spending a large amount of money!! Never again.

1  Thank kwc0224