“Good filet mignon”

Morton's The Steakhouse - Great Neck
Reserve with OpenTable
Morton's The Steakhouse - Great Neck is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 116 Restaurants in Great Neck
Price range: US$90 - US$110
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Lakeville Road
Reviewed 23 January 2015

Had a birthday dinner here for my wife - filet mignon was cooked very nicely . My wife liked the salmon as well. Side dishes were big portions. Layer cake wine by the glass was a nice selection . They did a nice job for her birthday with a custom menu and a candle on her slice of cake . Service was very good for the most part . Of course , all steakhouses are expensive - this was no exception . It was our first visit-we would return

1  Thank Thomas V

Reviewed 22 January 2015

A little stuffy but great food and service. When I made the R eservation their website asked if its an occasion -:). Guess it's an destination. On the same street, with in a stone throw away is peter lugger and burton and Doyle. It seems they all survive just fine.

1  Thank Irene E
Reviewed 20 January 2015

I made a reservation to go to Morton's for our anniversary. When speaking to the person on the phone, he asked if this was a special occasion. I told him that it was my wife and my 18th anniversary. He congratulated me, and I thought nothing of it.
From the moment we arrived inside the packed restaurant, we were recognized, congratulated and shown to a booth in a quiet spot in the restaurant.
The maitre d came over, welcomed us and handed up special menus printed up with our names, the dates and a wish for a happy anniversary. He was happy to know the secret of our marriage, told us about his own life and the fact that he had just had a baby and treated us like we had been there many times before.
The waiter came over and took our drink order and of course wished us a Happy Anniversary. A young lady came by with a digital camera and took our picture which she printed out on glossy paper and put in a paper frame for the occasion.
We were taken aback by the attention. The service was sparkling. The food was as you would expect, top quality. We shared the porterhouse for two, shared salads, never wanted for anything and weren't rushed.
When the dessert course was in the air, I asked to see a menu. The waiter said "it has already been taken care of," and indeed, they brought over a Godiva chocolate lava cake with vanilla ice cream and a candle. "Compliments of the house."
We were sitting there and just relaxing. The maitre d came by and said, when you are ready, just give me your car-check claim, and I will see to it that your car is outside and warmed up for you. Just the thing we needed on a cold January night.
My wife and I dine out frequently. There are many fine restaurants one could choose when celebrating a special occasion. Being steak lovers, we thought we would try Morton's. I tell you this: we will think of Morton's first the next time we dine out! The evening could not have been better!

2  Thank 5877ThomasA
Reviewed 14 January 2015

never disappointed a great meal all the time and the service is great looking forward to my next meal

1  Thank jcreed1231
Reviewed 14 January 2015

Having visited and eaten at many Morton's throughout the country, and this particular one on several occasions, I was somewhat disappointed by my last visit. While the service was as good as always, the food disappointed. The steaks were good (but not great, for the money), but I had the combination with Shrimp, and the Shrimp was rather tasteless and overcooked. The Caesar salad was ok, but also not exceptional. But the sides were awful! We had to return the Creamed Spinach because of the over amount of garlic, and the broccoli was overcooked and overspiced as well. For the price, and with the reputation and our expectations, we were disappointed.

1  Thank RichBrody