All reviews full kitchen walking distance short drive champagne fireplace house wineries lake
Reviewed 16 October 2014

âme hère for a girl's getaway with my neighbors on Columbus Day. We stayed in#10. This truly had everything we needed…a full kitchen, a sitting areas/ gas fireplace and a very comfortable bedroom, plus a nice sized bath. It could easily be used as along term rental apt. We used the fireplace our first night because the weather was cool and damp. We also had a covered deck which we did not use, but I'm sure it would be lovely for sipping wine in the evening. The owner, Paul was very personable and made helpful suggestions as to which wineries to visit, as well as restaurants and local attractions. The house is only a short walk from the lake and Hammondsport is such a friendly town. We are already planning a return visit!

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Our first trip to the Finger Lakes was amazing! We stayed at the Champagne House in Hammondsport. The room and the stay was perfect. Paul Geisz, owner/operator, was a great
host. We are planning to return and bring friends.

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank mdm01
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Our stay in Champagne House the weekend of Oct. 18 & 19 was like a breath of fresh air. We rented the upstairs suite and enjoyed sipping wine on the loveseat in front of the gas fireplace since the evenings were chilly. I don't think we would've used the fireplace during in the summer since it really warms up the room. The suite was very clean with no bad odors whatsoever and everything worked just fine. We were very comfortable there. The location is great; just far enough from downtown to be quiet and private, yet an easy walk there for breakfast or dinner. Also it's a short drive to several of the wineries. We loved the little town of Hammondsport, just the right size for our short stay. We enjoyed a wonderful scenic hike on a section of the Finger Lakes Trail so our weekend was a nice mix of wineries and hiking. Champagne House and Hammondsport on Keuka Lake turned out to be the perfect introduction to the Finger Lakes region for us. We plan to explore more of the lakes and wineries in the future.

Room Tip: We chose the upstairs suite to make sure we wouldn't be too cramped since the two rooms downstairs looked small in the online photos.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2012

We had a very comfortable stay in Champagne House on Nov. 20, and Paul saved us in many ways. First, in terms of comfort, the room was clean, the bed comfortable, the water tasted good, the bathroom was nicely scented, and the gas fireplace very cosy. Second, in terms of helpfulness, Paul gave great information about the town and places to visit. Third, I somehow lost my wedding ring, but we didn't know where, as I didn't discover that until we had left. Paul quickly looked at the room but could not find it. The next day, he contacted us to let us know that he had discovered it in the laundry! Somehow or other, I must have pulled off the ring in my sleep and it got mixed up in the sheets. At other hotels when I have forgotten something there it was never "found" (likely as it disappeared into the cleaner's bag), but here you can rest assured that you will be treated with impeccable honest. Thanks Paul!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank storm9
Reviewed 22 October 2012

We spent the weekend in Hammondsport this weekend and stayed at the Champagne House. First the good things. It was quite cute and very clean. The king size bed was fairly comfortable.

However the first thing we noticed was the bathroom smelled like a sewer. Leaving the fan on for a day helped but never got rid of the smell. The gas fireplace was great until the fan kicked in and then it was so noisy that we couldn't sleep. I got up from bed and turned it off but the blower continued clanging and whiring for another 45 minutes. The room had a 2 burner stove which was great because I love to cook but there were no pots or pans rendering the stove useless. This was certainly not worth the $145 a night we were charged. I feel we should have been in luxury for that price. Not a good experience.

Room Tip: Dont choose the King size bed room - I don't know about the rest.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple