“Good food”

Hurricane Grill and Wings
Ranked #16 of 79 Restaurants in Hauppauge
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 24 July 2015 via mobile

Stopped in here late and was impressed with the food. Very good bar food, great beer selection. Something to eat for everyone in our group. If we lived in the area would stop back often

Reviewed 8 July 2015

We had a hard time finding somewhere to eat on the 4th of July. We were on a mini-vacation to L.I. and wanted something quick and inexpensive before fireworks and pool time at the hotel.

Hurricane Wings didn't disappoint. The food was great and service was awesome! Our waiter was funny and attentive. We went when it was really empty so we were skeptical if they place was any good but the food was great! I had the shrimp and mahi mahi rice bowl, and someone else in our party had the boneless wings. Everyone LOVED their food, even my mom who is usually hyper critical of restaurants. All in all, great food at an even better value.

Reviewed 6 May 2015

If you like a nautical / tropical theme with good food at a good price, this was a great find. I had a burger and my wife had a southwest style chicken and rice dish and both were excellent. Good draft beer selection too made our trip to Long Isaland very enjoyable. Thank You!

Reviewed 17 March 2015

I was prompted to try hurricane grill again with a coupon in mail. The first visit when it opened wasn't very positive, therefore, I didn't return for awhile. My next lunch visit was much more pleasant. The wait staff was so attentive. The manager is over the top nice. The food was good, fresh, the nacho's skimpy but adequate. I had the chicken, pecan salad (so good & fresh). My friend had the buffalo chicken sandwich, she liked it a lot. We returned again (another coupon) and again, skimpyish nacho's, but the lunch was fresh and prompt this time. Lou the daytime manager is amazing, accommodating, funny & polite which sometimes compensates for his partially unhappy waitress. All in all, Great Value (the salad was $10 and plentiful). I can't wait to check out happy hour soon. Come June 2015, they will start delivering. sounds promising too!

Reviewed 24 February 2015

We went there on a Sunday afternoon. We were greeted immediately by 3 hosts. We sat down in the bar area. It took a while before the waitress came over and took our appetizer order. When the food came out, the order was all wrong. We ate it anyway as she never came over to see if everything was ok. The wings were over done and dry. We placed our dinner order and she got that wrong too! Not good service at all, nor the food. Your best bet is to go to Applebees!
The decor is cute if you were down by the beach, but not in a strip mall!
I know we won't be going back there any time soon!