“Good quality food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 June 2015

Good restaurant, consistently good food. This is a very busy restaurant, I would recommend reservations definitely. The fish is always delicious, specials often have Bronzino style. The red sauce is very tasty. And they also make magnificent French Martinis!

1  Thank LongIslandGiirl

Reviewed 27 May 2015

This gem of an Italian restaurant is located in a tired strip mall - but persevere - leave the car with the valet - and enjoy one of the better Italian meals on Long Island. Veal Chop Valdestano is magnificent - the Osso Bucco just melts in your mouth - but look around the menu -they are an amazing restaurant to get fish in as well...and move past the shrimp dishes - try the Swordfish Marechiara or a magnificent grilled baby octopus appetizer..... A better than average RED wine selection and a meal that ends with some awesome dolce... Cafe La Strada is worth searching out...you will be in for a great meal...

1  Thank DocRKS
Reviewed 12 March 2015

Cafe La Strada is a must if you love Italian Food. They do not miss a beat. If it is not one of the specials, of which there may be over 20, they will make your request to order. Just name it, it is yours. Old style cooking with very impeccable service. Hidden behind an very low keys store from just off LIE at Rte 111 Southbound. EXCELLENT Food, Sauce, Pasta and the rest are just why you go out to dine. They have it all. Upscale but FUN atmosphere.

1  Thank Fred M
Reviewed 25 January 2015 via mobile

My family and I enjoyed a wonderful evening celebrating our mothers birthday. The service was fantastic, the wine was great and the food and menu phenomenal. Can't say enough nice things. The only negative was the valet parking attendant was very rude when I wanted to park my own car. But our excellent waiter assured me he would have a word with him. Very pleased and looking forward to going back again soon!

1  Thank Jennifer B
Reviewed 11 December 2014

This was a location recommended by the hotel for dinner. It is in a small strip mall like area just off the expressway. It is easy to get to and has good valet parking. The restaurant is Italian throughout and is well decorated. I was there on a Wednesday night about 7:30 so it was not hard to get seated. I did notice a number of regular locals come and go so they do have a solid local following.

Service was slow because the waiters were more interested in watching the beginning of the protests in New York City than paying attention to dinner guests. I asked for a glass of Chardonnay and instead of telling me any choices I got exactly that, a glass of Chardonnay. Not a lot of wine variety here.

For dinner I started with the fried Calamari. Don't wast you time on this one as it probably came out of a frozen box somewhere. No tartar sauce, just a big bowl of marinara sauce. Definitely a negative on the meal. I also had one of the specials - a rib eye steak. It was a good steak but nothing to write how about for the price. No desert because the waiter was busy watching the television. If I go back I will stick purely to the Italian typical dishes to see if the food really is as good as other say.

In the end I thought the place had promise but was disappointed tonight. It was also a lot more expensive than competitive Italian restaurants in the area.

2  Thank Bill M