“Good diner ”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

If you just want a diner food and diner service, go here. I meant fast quick. Always have a wait at lunch time. Food is ok.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

The pancakes were not fluffy. Well done and tough. Service was slow. Would not go back again. Go to Hauppauge Palace 3 minuets away.

Joy D, Owner at Paradise Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Hi Claudine, we’re sorry to see that you were not a fan of the food served to you. We courage all guests to bring any concerns to the attention of their server while still dining in as we are always willing to accommodate to the best of our ability. Please understand that this is not a representation of our business. We hope that you will give us another try in the future!

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

They are trying to improve this diner but there’s still a long way to go. The carpet smells and the place is run down. They have a great location. The food wasn’t good when we went. My husband had a chicken salad sandwich that he said tasted like it was going bad. Bread not toasted when when asked for toast. I had just 2 eggs over with toast Maybe that was the mix up with the toast. I want their food to get better and have them be serious about food quality. My husband ate half of the chicken salad and told the cashier it’s going bad. He didn’t seem surprised.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Had breakfast here 3 mornings in a row. The service was polite and fast. The food was excellent and it was enough that I didn't have to stop for lunch! They have music celebrity look a likes shows. I didn't get to experience it but it sounded spectacular.

1  Thank Augie S
Reviewed 3 October 2017

I will eat at an independent "mom and pop" diner before I will go to a chain restaurant. On a recent visit to Hauppauge, another couple suggested that we try the Paradise Diner, so we did.

The décor and ambiance get an A+, as does its cleanliness. The table servers were attentive and made us feel welcome. What happened next might have been a mutual misfortune.

I ordered the pot roast with red cabbage and a potato pancake. I had visions of slices of pot roast served with gravy and a large potato pancake made of shredded potato, onion, flour, and egg that was cooked in a bit of oil, sort of like a Hanukkah latke. That did not come to my table.

The roast beef was dry, but it was served with a delicious gravy. The potato pancake was shaped more like a potato ball or a crab cake. It appeared to have been deep fried, more like a fritter than a pancake.

I ate the major portion of my serving but I was rather disappointed. The pot roast was not as I had imagined nor was what I had been served all that great. Next time I visit this diner I believe that I will stick with my "go-to" item: cheeseburger with fries and gravy.

The staff still gets an A+