“Relaxing wine & charcuterie”

Red Newt Cellars Winery
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Hector
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are open daily from 12pm until 5pm. We offer wines by the glass, the bottle and tadpole at socially distanced tables on our decks and indoor seating areas. Tadpoles are 6 ounce personal sized bottles of wine. Enjoy one for yourself or grab a few to share with your friends. A small elegant menu of light fare and small bites is available to complement your wine selection. We continue to offer curbside pickup during regular business hours.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Wonderful relaxing visit on a Thursday afternoon! My wife and I sat outside, took in the view, and each enjoyed a red & a white flight and delicious baguettes, cheeses, dried fruit, olive oil, yum! Marc took great care of us, explained and answered questions (we'd never really done this before) and delivered wines and water whenever we requested. We lost track of time and enjoyed a very relaxing experience! Thanks Red Newt!

Date of visit: July 2021
Write a reviewReviews (319)

Reviewed 4 May 2021

Red Newt is a great place for a meal, a wine tasting or a combination of the two. The winery produces consistently amazing Rieslings and the staff is super knowledgable. With COVID precautions in place, we enjoyed a seated tasting on the covered deck with a beautiful view. The wines were fantastic and the cheese board elevated the whole experience.

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 21 October 2020

This winery is so great. The wine is exceptional. The bistro is so beautiful the people who work there are so informative and kind. We wished we could have stayed all afternoon but we had other wineries to visit. Our next visit to the Finger Lakes we will stay longer I highly recommend this place to everyone. You won’t be disappointed

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 2 August 2020

Knowledgeable staff and tasty treats to go along with the wines. Lovely setting and an overall excellent afternoon

Date of visit: July 2020
Reviewed 25 July 2020

Very nice set up outside with plenty of areas to sit around fire pits and under willow trees. They have some food items under a pavilion. My wife had the pulled pork and she said it was very good and we are picky....because I make a great pulled pork and ribs...if I do say so myself :) I just had a hot dog which was a good quality dog and not those cheap mass produced that you can get 100 for $5.

Overall - food was big portions and good quality but not very many choices so I would not consider it a stop to have lunch but a stop for the wine and maybe a snack.

We then went inside for a wine tasting. With Covid you decide if you want inside or out. If inside you will probably have to wait with the inside restrictions. We opted to wait and have inside. When Red Cat started many years ago it really only made/served sweet wines which I don't really like. But that was 15+ years ago and has changed and has been making dry wines and they are very good IMO. I like dry reds and they had a very good Cab and Malbec.

All in all a must stop at one of the nicest wineries along Seneca Lake.

Oh and a shout out to Patrick who is doing an internship there while waiting to go back to The University of Buffalo. He was super friendly and outgoing and will excel in Marketing/Sales after he graduates. So obviously, the service and staff were all very professional and very nice.

Date of visit: July 2020