“Season starts too early”

Southwick Beach State Park
Ranked #2 of 5 things to do in Henderson
Reviewed 21 May 2017

We went today, my two boys and I, there was a $7 fee to get down to the beach which considering that there actually is barely any beach at the minute is a liberty. Now I realise that it isn't the parks fault that the water is on a 40yr high (meaning there is no beach to walk along) but charging $7 knowing that there is no beach is not good practice. Also the area is swarming with flies, they really annoy you after only a short while.

2  Thank michele W

Reviewed 28 April 2017

We spent one night camping here on our way to Nova Scotia. The park is lovely and well maintained. We had an RV site for the night and found it to be perfectly situated for our needs. There is a lovely beach near the campsites where we witnessed a beautiful sunset. Highly recommend this park for camping.

Reviewed 25 September 2016

My family spent three days there mid week. The park was quiet and beautiful. We met so many friendly people. We saw the Park Rangers frequently, very helpful gentlemen. I really felt safe.The beaches were sandy and inviting. We went after the summer rush so the park wasn't very full, a bonus. It's so close to Syracuse and Watertown. I would go a lot more if I lived closer. The sites are clean, and getting firewood was easy. We were camping near the beach which can be very windy. I'm not sure I would camp there without a camper. A tent might not fair too well with all the wind, so you might want to consider camping in the other two areas within the Park.

Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

This is our go to beach in upstate NY. Only 45 min. from Syracuse. Nice flat sandy beach, great for walking and gaucking. Professional life guards, concession stsnd, bathrooms and changing rooms. Easy to take a 2 mile walk. We come here once or twice per summer.

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 August 2016

I am grateful we have the military in our community, however, this has ruined this beach for those of us who grew up here. Loud music, terrible behavior, inconsiderate people leaving trash everywhere. As the mother of two beautiful blonde teenage girls, I don't want them anywhere near this place in season.