“Disappointed is an under statement :(”
Review of Jamo's

Jamo's
Ranked #10 of 45 Restaurants in Herkimer
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

Stopped in to give a small business owner a chance since the parking lot was full. The only good thing were the ten wings since that were $5. Our waitress checked in with us maybe three times. My Caesar salad had no dressing on it and tons of nasty shaky cheese - the best thing about it were the croutons. The steak riggies noodles were cooked perfect but the sauce had no flavor and looked like it had been sitting out for days, I maybe got 5 pieces of steak in my dish and they were as small as my finger nail. The steak meals specifically say no substitutions which was fine. My husband got the ribeye with what should have been squash and asparagus. But when they are out of one of the sides you have to get we picked another so he had his 2 sides with his meal. There are no substitutions and they mean it, apparently its not their fault for being out so you have to pay extra for the side. The steak was disgusting! I mean really, I brought it home to cut up to give my dog and he choked on it. We brought our concerns up to the waitress who took my husband's plate in the back to show her boss. She said they agreed and would take $5 off. Well we get the bill and they took $3 off instead. The owner didn't even bother to come and talk to us. Just poor customer service, its a shame since there is a lot of potential. If management takes the time to read this I hope they get better cuts of meat and stop trying to cheap out. We paid $60 for a crappy meal and were still hungnry when we left since we didn't eat more than a few bites.

For those that live in Herkimer do yourself a favor and drive to Utica. for a better meal.

1  Thank Kristen W

Reviewed 9 January 2018

I wish this restaurant was closer to where I live because it would definitely be my go to restaurant! All the food is made from scratch, even the salad dressings! I had the seared chicken dish which was excellent!! My husband had the New York strip which he said was very good. Prices were very reasonable too. The waitress was very accommodating and attentive. Can't wait to go there again!

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

It was almost Christmas time and the atmosphere was great. Nicely decorated and someone was there playing a guitar and also singing some as well. The food was good- a little pricey but good. The service was pretty slow though.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

The food was amazing! Great selection of appetizers, sandwiches and entrees. Highly recommend the pulled pork mac and cheese appetizer. We also had the deep fried cheese curds, poutine and corn fritter appetizers. All were great! Was here with a group of 5 and everyone loved their food. Had their French dip sandwich. Was really good. Highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

There aren't many restaurants open on Sundays in Herkimer so we ended up here. It was an excellent choice. Good variety of local beer on draft. The fried cheese curds were amazing. Fish and chips were just right with plenty on the plate. Couldn't resist the temptation to try the burger with Mac and cheese. Messy but very good. Service was great.