“You’ll LOVE it”

La Candela Restaurant
Ranked #50 of 205 Restaurants in Hicksville
Cuisines: Peruvian
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Look - I’ve never been to Peru, but they say that this is authentic Peruvian Food... either way, THIS PLACE IS DELICIOUS!!!!!! CLEAN and friendly and enough parking - La Candela is always busy. One dish that is a “Must Try” is Lomo Saltada (Rice, meat and vegetables w/a FABULOUS sauce served over FRENCH FRIES!!!!!! The only thing keeping me from a full 5 star is that it is usually WAY too loud, w/a DJ, or karaoke, or live entertainment, it does cut down on table conversation.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

While the staff here was stellar and the $ & portion were reasonable out of the 4 of us dining I was NOT happy with the food . I tried a bit of everything the others ordered and relieved I trusted my instincts not to order own entree . I’m a huge fan of ethnic diversity in food and the spices / sauces we ok but food was not cooked well .. Chicken dry , beef/strak very fatty and undercooked.Would not return

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 27 July 2018

Peruvian food in a lovely and friendly atmosphere! Started the meal with a cold appetizer of thickly sliced potatoes in a slightly spicy sauce of yellow peppers; unusual and delicious. We followed that with a meat dish that was advertised for two people but could easily have fed four. the "parilla bistro" came on a small hibachi piled high with well seasoned cuts of beef which included short ribs, chicken breast, pork chop, t-bone, choriza and more, each perfectly cooked. this was served with a glass of wine. this was our second time and we were, once again, not disappointed. the other dishes we saw being served were equally generous and were wonderfully arranged on the plate. well worth the trip Hicksville!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

I was trying to have a nice Peruvian food with my wife, but everything turned embarrassing after the waitress brought the dish back to our table trying to proof us wrong about the dish being dry and unflavored. We asked for the check and left right away. This place is so far from being an authentic Peruvian cuisine in style all over the world. A shame!

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank j0h63
Reviewed 19 October 2017

This is the first Peruvian restaurant that I have been to. The selection was excellent, as well as the food and the portions.. The patrons were a mix of what appeared to be about 85% Peruvian food experts and 15% locals. I have been there a total of 3 times.

Date of visit: September 2017