“OK Asian Buffet”

Asian Buffet Restaurant
Ranked #95 of 175 Restaurants in Hicksville
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 17 January 2017

Food was OK. Sushi bar was maned by one person, so it was bit slow, but tasted OK. Chinese food was OK. Soup was OK. Pastry was fine. They added 15% service fee for group of 5 or larger which is a surprise for a buffet price.

5  Thank j l

Reviewed 4 January 2017

Living in Florida I am pretty use to average Chinese buffets. Most of the Florida customers could care less about quality and more about quantity. I was really surprised as to how average, and I'm being kind, this buffet was. We went on a Saturday night and there was only about 12 people there at 6:30. The décor was OK but there was no sense of feeling welcome offered by the staff. At a cost of $24 per person I would expect some really good food. We started off with a lobster claw. It was humongous!!!!! And I mean BIG!!!! It looked like the type you would see on one of those 20 yr. old lobsters that they throw back into the sea. It was big but had no taste. Soups were just OK. As for the service, our waitress would just reach in front and remove plates without asking if we were done. She was very unfriendly. The fried shrimp were 1/2 inch thick and everyone of them looked exactly the same size. The chicken on a stick looked like it had been sitting out since lunch. There were a few good choices but it was a very disappointing display of food. I asked a staff member where the hot mustard was and she pointed and said. over there as she pointed in a general direction. I have a Chinese daughter and she even commented on the service. The desert selection was pitiful. I was really surprised that people in New York would settle for such a poor example of a Chinese buffet.

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

Came for a late lunch with a large family group. The food was good. My favorites were the lomein and mei fun. The mixed seafood was just fair; calamari was rubbery. The service was also OK. Nothing special. Desserts were meager. The ice cream was frozen tiny Dixie cups. There were sprinkles, however, which the kids liked. The decor was lovely and authentic Chinese and reminded me of my years in China. The food was not reminiscent of China. Prices are good.

Reviewed 23 May 2016

We went in to find no air conditioning...we were seated quickly...the sushi looked good but small selection.. it was ok for what was served.. the other foods were fair. alot of oil and salt...I was not impressed.. any of the beef dishes were chewy.. chicken was good..My waitress was no place to be found to get a second glass of wine.the watermelon was too young to be served.When we left we has to search for someone to come to the front desk to pay the bill...I finally asked a waiter to get some one..

Reviewed 27 March 2015 via mobile

Amazing price for all the food available. I have only come here for lunch so I have never had the food run out, except sometimes some sushi. Sushi is decent also. Love coming here!