“Good Buffet”

Asian Buffet Restaurant
Ranked #76 of 182 Restaurants in Hicksville
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

This buffet is very clean with a nice assortment of items. Food is fresh and replenished regularly. Sushi seems questionable.

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

These places typical operate with the belief, quality over quality. This place is not the greatest but a step above most. Very clean and food is fresh.

1  Thank sushiguy79
Reviewed 17 January 2017

Food was OK. Sushi bar was maned by one person, so it was bit slow, but tasted OK. Chinese food was OK. Soup was OK. Pastry was fine. They added 15% service fee for group of 5 or larger which is a surprise for a buffet price.

6  Thank j l
Reviewed 4 January 2017

Living in Florida I am pretty use to average Chinese buffets. Most of the Florida customers could care less about quality and more about quantity. I was really surprised as to how average, and I'm being kind, this buffet was. We went on a Saturday night and there was only about 12 people there at 6:30. The décor was OK but there was no sense of feeling welcome offered by the staff. At a cost of $24 per person I would expect some really good food. We started off with a lobster claw. It was humongous!!!!! And I mean BIG!!!! It looked like the type you would see on one of those 20 yr. old lobsters that they throw back into the sea. It was big but had no taste. Soups were just OK. As for the service, our waitress would just reach in front and remove plates without asking if we were done. She was very unfriendly. The fried shrimp were 1/2 inch thick and everyone of them looked exactly the same size. The chicken on a stick looked like it had been sitting out since lunch. There were a few good choices but it was a very disappointing display of food. I asked a staff member where the hot mustard was and she pointed and said. over there as she pointed in a general direction. I have a Chinese daughter and she even commented on the service. The desert selection was pitiful. I was really surprised that people in New York would settle for such a poor example of a Chinese buffet.

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

Came for a late lunch with a large family group. The food was good. My favorites were the lomein and mei fun. The mixed seafood was just fair; calamari was rubbery. The service was also OK. Nothing special. Desserts were meager. The ice cream was frozen tiny Dixie cups. There were sprinkles, however, which the kids liked. The decor was lovely and authentic Chinese and reminded me of my years in China. The food was not reminiscent of China. Prices are good.