“Foods Great!”
Review of Masala Wok

Masala Wok
Reserve with OpenTable
Masala Wok is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #102 of 181 Restaurants in Hicksville
Reviewed 27 September 2016

This is a nice place if you like Indian flavored Chinese food. Its quiet, at least most times I've been there. The food is excellent, a little spicy though, but they can make to your liking. If you have been to Nanking in New Hyde Park, this is the same menu/food but a little cheaper. I highly recommend the fried chili lamb, superb. The noodles are great, and their fried rice is good also. Spring rolls are good and the drums of heaven are amazing. Parking isn't usually a problem. The service is fast, and the food is good, highly recommended!

Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

Masala Wok hasn't changed a bit in all these years. Whether, that's good or bad that depends if you like outdated Indian Chinese food. We have been here many times before. While some of the food is still good. The others simply need an upgrade & need to be brought back into the 21st century. We ordered the ManChow Soup, Gobi Manchurian (Dry), Chilli Paneer (dry), chilli garlic noodles & schezwan fried rice. The ManChow soup tasted good. But, it definitely wasn't made cooked to order. You could tell by the taste it was probably made last night. The gobi Manchurian & chilli garlic noodles were great. Manchurian was crispy, crunchy and tasted delicious. Chilli garlic noodles had a perfect blend of chillies and garlic without being too spicy therefore not rendering it to be edible. The chilli Paneer was just over cooked. When you cut into it and ate it, it had the texture of rubber. Schezwan Fried Rice was so ghastly nobody at our table ate more than two spoons of it. While in the early or mid 2000's you could have passed this of as being exotic, nowadays there simply are far too many better alternatives for the average consumer. Also, the decor was dated and the blinds were all closed in the middle of the day. And at times parts of the restaurant felt like they were in perpetual darkness. It doesn't make for a cozy atmosphere. More like you could tell the owner doesn't give a damn! Overall, I don't think I'll make another visit here. Unless, I'm in the area & really desperate for Indian Chinese food.

Reviewed 11 May 2016 via mobile

I paid a visit to this place upon the suggestion of some family and friends. I was in the mood of something different after having eaten from various Indian and Pakistani restaurants before. The concept of an Indian-Chinese restaurant was interesting to me.

When I walked in, their staff was very courteous and friendly. They sat me down, gave me a menu and a glass of water immediately. The décor was lovely and it felt like a really good spot to bring others along. I ordered their chili chicken and was in love at first bite. I had never tasted anything quite like it before. Since then, I have been coming back regularly. Their lamb dishes are worth the price! Their soups are really good too.

I'm glad I came and I would recommend this place to anyone reading this. Even if it isn't your kind of place, it's definitely worth going to once in a while. Fusion cuisine isn't something you see everyday. These guys know what they're doing.

Reviewed 4 September 2015

It's hard for me to get past the weird service! My husband and I walked in and stood by the door and waved for 4-5minutes b4 we were even acknowledged.... There was only one family in the whole restaurant.... The waitress and host were were talking and I know they saw us come in but they didn't care..... Eventually they sat us.... We asked for 2 shelters with lemon.... They threw 2 glasses on the table and, I dirty can of seltzer,1 straw and some lime wedges.... My husband asked if we could have some ice, 5 minutes later the ice came in a soup bowl..... Appeys were greasy but ok..... They looked at us like we had 10 heads when we asked for silverware.....dinner came, was flavorless but ok...... And he gave me a hard time accepting the groupon.... But I didn't let him get away with it.... And the place is not so clean either!! I bought this groupon on a whim...... Don't go, not worth it at all...... This is my first time writing a review, but I felt compelled to do so!!!

Reviewed 16 August 2015

food was decent but small portions and pricey for that. indian food is famous for that, small portions and big prices but they forget we r in America, people love to eat here so take the advice