“A great restaurant for all”
Review of Egg's Nest Saloon

Egg's Nest Saloon
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in High Falls
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A local artsy eatery in High Falls, NY. We serve fresh, local food made from scratch, never frozen, at digestible prices.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

I love this restaurant. It has a special atmosphere. The walls are decorated with beautiful drawing from different parts of life: sea , lakes, farm and just beautiful faces. You can make reservations. The food is good, they welcome us with open hands and served us well.
Very pleasant for singles, couples and family with children

Reviewed 4 February 2018

The new Egg's Nest has turned out to be somewhat of a disappointment. We have had to wait while there were empty tables available, the menu is limited, and the Pho was tasteless. While not a terrible place, if there is anything else open in the little town of High Falls, we gladly choose those before the Egg's Nest. Too bad.

Reviewed 3 February 2018

I finally was able to go to the Eggs Nest restaurant since Richard sold it.
I ordered my favorite Buffalo chicken wings (went to school there...Buffalo)
I ordered a tap beer which I always found too warm for my taste BEFORE.
I was very surprised when the waitress (who was very pleasant ) told me they no
longer made Buffalo wing sauce (To me, this was travesty!!) Anyway I was there, so I ordered the wings extra crispy... on that they did deliver. These Naked wings were awesome!! They do offer BBQ sauce for your wings and another sauce that I forgot
The decor is changing...Still eclectic but not so much. I miss that too
Richard who owns the place for 40 years is dearly missed.
The tap beer I mentioned before was very good actually cold. (I like my beer cold-so sue me ). My message is keep the wings and the sauces you have but bring back the Buffalo
sauce!!!!

Reviewed 29 January 2018

We've been to the reincarnation of the Egg's Nest several times now, and while I was disappointed in the beginning, the last couple of visits have been a real pleasure. I've stuck with the Egg's Nest classic burger the last two times, and it was cooked to perfection and tasty. My partner has been pleased with her vegetarian choices, including tonight. Our server tonight (regrettably I arrived slightly late and didn't catch her name) was super. Attentive and prompt. When the party I joined first arrived before I got there, there apparently was an issue with one of the owners reacting inappropriately by rolling her eyes when a request was made to sit in the back room. While the request was honored, the owner's reaction put a slight damper on the evening.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

have been to the new incarnation of egg's nest a couple times and have been really pleased by this update of an old favorite.

they have taken the core of the old decor, edited it, and brightened the room. i love the respect for the history and original concept of the old nest and yet it feels fresh and up to date.

similarly, the menu retains a few favorites from the old nest (thanksgiving sandwich, burgers) but is largely revamped. last night i had a roast chicken breast with root vegetables and mashed potatoes which was excellent. simple, fresh, delicious, beautiful on the plate.

the times we've visited the service has been excellent. the host (owner?) is very friends, accommodating and seems genuinely interested in making sure customers feel welcome and are enjoying themselves. our waiter last night was attentive, knowledgable about the menu and the right amount of friendly. it appears that they are hiring well and training their staff.

i'm so happy the egg's nest is back and can once again be one of our regular spots.

recommended!