“Run down, horrible service!”

Econo Lodge Hornell
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Hornell
Reviewed 6 September 2011

We made reservations here as a halfway.stop on our trip. Door had appeared to have been kicked in several times. Myself, husband and three kids stayed in a double room and got a rollaway. YOU WILL GET THREE TOWELS, NO MATTER WHAT...NO MORE, EVEN WHEN REQUESTED- EXPLAINING 3 TOWELS WILL NOT WORK FOR FIVE PEOPLE! This place is very dated and the beds are really horrible. If we would have required a multiple night stay near Hornell I would not have stayed a second night!

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank leasha77
econo l, Manager at Econo Lodge Hornell, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2013

your stay with us was two years ago, i was not the manager at that time. but i would first like to apoligize for the experience that you had. this type of service is not acceptable....ever. at this time we offer as many towels a guest may ask for as well as any other need they may have. It is this very reason why the change in management was made, yet there is no excuse for your experience. all i can say after a heart felt sorry, is that these issues have all been addressed and its a promise from me to all future guest a happy satisfied stay.

Reviewed 27 July 2010

I made the mistake of staying here on two occasions... And you know the old saying, "blank me once, shame on you, blank me twice, shame on me?" yeah... Shame on me.

The first time I stayed here was in winter and the room thermostat had been shut off for apparently the entire season. It was set at 50 degrees, and unfortunately, they use electric baseboard heaters which no kidding took 4 hours and 15 minutes for the temperature to creep up to about 68 degrees or so.

The second time I stayed here was about a month later and opted for the townhouse (it was only $90) separate bedroom, and living room, fridge, microwave, semi-furnished kitchen, etc... Wow. It was gross.

The microwave when I opened it was black with mold. Not a "little bit" either (and not that that would have been okay either but still, There was a ton of mold in that thing)

When I turned on the bathwster, it actually came out brown for a few seconds and smelled like sewage.

Them, when I flushed the toilet, blue syrup came up. That was the proof that thus room had not been used or cleaned in at least a month.

Smelled terrible, and clerk was too busy "doing her taxes" to give a hoot.

Stay at Comfort Inn nearby if in the area-- let this Econo Lodge rot on it's own. Gross.

1  Thank Nquizitiv1

thank you for your review. recently when accepting my new position as manager, we began renovating our property. our townhouses have been stripped, cleaned and painted! they are now beautiful. i also require all staff to check all rooms that are reserved that day.....2xs. once housekeeping looks, second the desk clerk ending shift also checks. then i personally recheck. in doing so all heat is turned up and we know our promise to our guest of a clean warm room upon arrival will stand true. i am so sorry of your past experience, but it would be wonderful if you would allow me to show you a different side to our hotel! thanks

Reviewed 31 December 2009

I stayed at Econo Lodge in Hornell for 3 nights and I will stay there again when in the area . The heat and hot water were great , the room was clean comfortable and cozy .
The free breakfast was good and the staff very nice and friendly .

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hank95
Reviewed 8 October 2009

Travelled with three collagues in three seperate rooms, stayed two nights. Motel needs major updates, rooms are used up and worn out. All three of us experienced cold showers and when questioning the front desk received no offer of assistance or relocation. No alarm clocks in atleast two rooms. No internet in my room as advertised. When I questioned the front desk I was told "You probably don't get the internet in your room (location).Bugs crawling on bathroom floor. Ruperts is closed and up for rent .I will most likely e in Hornell multiple times over the next three years... I will not be returning to the Econolodge.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank travellerfrommd051
Reviewed 18 August 2009

I picked this hotel after reading a couple of reviews about "Rupert's Restaurant" which according to the Econo Lodge's homepage was located on the premises. Well after 4 hours of travel I was told they were closed. So finding food turned into a tougher thing than being able to walk across the parking lot - in other words PITA. Walked into the room on a 85 degree humid day to the room being set on heat and at 85 which made it smell a bit funny. All in all though - hotel was clean, bed fairly comfortable. Ice machine a trudge back to the office with the somewhat friendly desk clerk. Alarm clock needed to be moved as it was across the room and not next to the bed.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hornell
27.4 km away
6.7 km away
Days Inn Hornell NY
Days Inn Hornell NY
#3 of 4 in Hornell

Been to Econo Lodge Hornell? Share your experiences!