“It wasn't their night”

Ranked #9 of 75 Restaurants in Horseheads
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 19 October 2017

We've eaten here several times, but tonite...ugh. Our "15-20 minute wait" was over half a hour (on a Wednesday?) when we could clearly see 4 clean, unused tables from our wait spot. We ordered soup, onion petals, and entrees. The waiter brought us a soup and a salad...as we were explaining that the salad wasn't ours the lady at the next table over yelled that they were hers. Sure enough. We got no bread, ever. The petals came then the entrees. A waitress then came and said, "why did your entrees come before your soup?" I replied, "I don't know." (I mean, she works there, right?) My wife ordered a baked potato with butter and sour cream "on the side." She got a loaded baked potato. When the brought the replacement, the butter and sour cream were in the same little cup. (Why have it on the side?) My entree came with unlimited shrimp. Only as we were leaving did the waiter ask if i wanted more. It was then that I told him we were part of the rewards program, and gave him my number (he never asked.) I overheard him say to the table next to us, "I'm sorry your food didn't come out in the right order...." Finally, we noticed to girls (about 9 or 10) walking fast through the restaurant time after time. When my wife noticed that the restroom was in dire need of cleaning (2 dirty stalls) and told the hostess. She said, "The little girls?" (They were coming in and out of the stalls while my wife was in there, hiding, lying on the floor (ew!) and "scaring" each other, then giggling, going out, and coming back in. (So the hostess was aware of the activity...) The parents were evidently too self-absorbed to care. Normally...we have a good experience at this restaurant...but this clearly wasn't their night.

OutbackGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Outback Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Hello Chuck,

This is definitely not the experience we wanted for you and your wife. We'd like to review this further if you could please take a moment to send me an email at news@outback.com with the subject "TripAdvisor - Horseheads, NY". We can then correspond directly over email.

Amy
Outback Steakhouse

Reviewed 4 October 2017

There were three of us .We had steak and endless shrimp. I had a rib eye it was perfect ! we all had onion soup. It is the best . everytime. Our waitress was very nice and efficient . The breaded mushrooms were something I've never had there . Also very good.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Unlike the last review I did of an Outback, this one performed well; was invited to bar while table being prepared; buzzer sounded B/4 drink arrived & we were escorted to table by hostess & promptly ordered a drink. Split a steak, which was extremely well
prepared; server was prompt, courteous, unlike last review where server was poorly trained & it went down from there.

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Surf and turf special with grilled asparagus. Can't get enough of the stuff. Yum. In and out without a wait. Staff were friendly and helpful

Reviewed 13 September 2017

I've been to other Outbacks and generally they are ok. This Outback was exceptional. Great steak and service. The food arrived quickly and correctly. The atmosphere was on par with other Outbacks.