“SERVICE was outstanding but not the ribs”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Ranked #9 of 76 Restaurants in Horseheads
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 13 November 2017

Waitress was very pleasant and observant. Food was very good except the Ribs. The Waitress was attending another table then noticed my wife wasn't eating her dinner and may have heard us talking about the ribs. I was impressed how quickly the waitress reacted and immediately offered another meal. The manager came over too and not charged us for either the ribs or the second meal.

I would certainly go again just based on the exemplary service on a Friday night.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Typically I don't expect excellent food and service from a national chain restaurant. I think the Outback Steakhouse is going out of its way to provide diners with both! We had both excellent food and service. Our waiter was top notch and didn't let us wonder where he was at any time which is not normal for a chain restaurant.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

waited 30 minutes for take out. They seemed extremely confused. The food was cold and very disappointing

OutbackGuestServices, Manager at Outback Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

This isn't how things should be. We'd like to review this further if you could please take a moment to send me an email at news@outback.com with the subject "TripAdvisor - Horeshead (Big Flats), NY". We can then correspond directly over email.

Madeline

Reviewed 19 October 2017

We've eaten here several times, but tonite...ugh. Our "15-20 minute wait" was over half a hour (on a Wednesday?) when we could clearly see 4 clean, unused tables from our wait spot. We ordered soup, onion petals, and entrees. The waiter brought us a soup and a salad...as we were explaining that the salad wasn't ours the lady at the next table over yelled that they were hers. Sure enough. We got no bread, ever. The petals came then the entrees. A waitress then came and said, "why did your entrees come before your soup?" I replied, "I don't know." (I mean, she works there, right?) My wife ordered a baked potato with butter and sour cream "on the side." She got a loaded baked potato. When the brought the replacement, the butter and sour cream were in the same little cup. (Why have it on the side?) My entree came with unlimited shrimp. Only as we were leaving did the waiter ask if i wanted more. It was then that I told him we were part of the rewards program, and gave him my number (he never asked.) I overheard him say to the table next to us, "I'm sorry your food didn't come out in the right order...." Finally, we noticed to girls (about 9 or 10) walking fast through the restaurant time after time. When my wife noticed that the restroom was in dire need of cleaning (2 dirty stalls) and told the hostess. She said, "The little girls?" (They were coming in and out of the stalls while my wife was in there, hiding, lying on the floor (ew!) and "scaring" each other, then giggling, going out, and coming back in. (So the hostess was aware of the activity...) The parents were evidently too self-absorbed to care. Normally...we have a good experience at this restaurant...but this clearly wasn't their night.

OutbackGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Outback Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Hello Chuck,

This is definitely not the experience we wanted for you and your wife. We'd like to review this further if you could please take a moment to send me an email at news@outback.com with the subject "TripAdvisor - Horseheads, NY". We can then correspond directly over email.

Amy

Reviewed 4 October 2017

There were three of us .We had steak and endless shrimp. I had a rib eye it was perfect ! we all had onion soup. It is the best . everytime. Our waitress was very nice and efficient . The breaded mushrooms were something I've never had there . Also very good.