“Pleasantly surprised!”
Review of Howe Caverns Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Howes Cave
Howe Caverns Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Howes Cave
Reviewed 12 October 2017

Because I'm weary of privately owned places, I was hesitant to stay here and looked for nearby hotels. But the closest chain hotels were in Schenectady which would be an hour away. So I decided to take my chances since we'd being staying for only one night. I was very happy with our stay. I think Sandra ? was at the front desk, she was very friendly and explained everything to me about our stay and visit to Howe Caverns. She told us where to park, when to park and where to go to enjoy our overnight package. The hotel room itself was large and offered a small fridge. The bathroom was in another room with 2 sinks and the toilet and shower was just off the bathroom with another door! It was a great dressing room, while someone else could use the shower and still have privacy. This was perfect for a family of 4. The beds were pretty comfortable too. We were there for only 1 night, we don't drink coffee and did not turn the tv on, so I cant tell you anything about that. The only reason I didn't give them 5 stars is because the smell in the room wasn't that nice. It wasn't awful, but it was strange. I think it was the laundry detergent they might wash the sheets in. Also the comforters could use some updating and because there are no amenities there, no lobby etc, I didn't give it 5 stars, but I would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 September 2017

This review is way past due, we visited Howe Caverns in April for our sons 9th birthday. The room was simply amazing, brand new renovations and a stunning view and extremely spacious. The Caverns were amazing as well and refreshingly cool at 51 degrees...boat ride was pretty cool but can make you a little nervous. This will definitely be a place we come back to during the summer months to check out the outdoor activities.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2017

Our 10-yr-old had been begging to visit Howe Caverns but it was a busy Summer so I waited until the last minute to do this. Managed to get a room and after a few hours arrived to the motel. This is not a fancy place. Don't expect frills. We got a clean, well-kept, seemingly newly painted and renovated room. We could hear the low drone of talking in the rooms beside us but at night it was quiet.

Check-in was easy and efficient. The young lady at the Front Desk was very pleasant and suggested the Howe Caverns package which included vouchers to be redeemed for 2 adult Traditional Tour tickets, a half pound of fudge and a large mineral rough bag. This added almost $50. on to the rate but it was worth it since we would have been purchasing those anyway for more.

There was also a complimentary gift bag with a mug, a Howe Caverns booklet, a frisbee, a chip clip and some postcards. Very cute. Wi-fi was a bit spotty at night.

If you would like to see the Caverns, the Howe Caverns Motel is a perfect location.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2017

First, I must say when I heard the term "motel" I get very concerned. I was also expecting a no frills, basic place, since the location is perfect. What I got was a such a cute, convenient, updated, CLEAN, nice spacious room with very friendly staff!! This motel is truly a gem! I would highly recommend!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2017

The attraction of this place is the proximity to Howe Caverns. You can literally walk there in under a minute. This place was here since I visited as a kid decades ago, but the place has been nicely updated. It has a clean, modern look to the rooms. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It was quiet at night. The views of the valley are stunning. We got the package that included an overnight at the motel, 2 tickets to the cave tour, 2 tickets to the Howe High Adventure Park, a bag of minerals for the mining activity and some fudge. A lot included and a good value.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
6.4 km away
Rodeway Inn and Suites
Rodeway Inn and Suites
#2 of 3 in Cobleskill

Been to Howe Caverns Motel? Share your experiences!