“Average experience ”
Review of Tellers

Tellers
Reserve with OpenTable
Tellers is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 41 Restaurants in Islip
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Islip Ave Route 111
Transit: Islip Train Station
Description: Tellers is not just a Chophouse. It’s an institution. Born out of an old bank, Tellers delights visually with the original Mosler Vault serving as our wine vault at the heart of Tellers and a dining room set inside sky-high ceilings and 30 foot vertical windows. Our Chef constructs progressive takes on the classics, but let’s the traditional Chophouse fare take center stage, with USDA PRIME, 21-day dry aged beef as our cornerstone. The Gold Bar pays homage to classic bars of years past. Enjoy lunch in Prime’s dining room, our fireplace lounge or at our bar. Host your event or celebrate your special occasion in the timelessness that is Tellers: An American Chophouse.
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

First visit to Tellers. At first, we started with drinks at the main bar. Great homemade potato chips served with drinks. We were seated upstairs in the smaller dining room, seated dangerously close to a busy service door. I've been in similar situations before, where there is constant activity in/out, and I would found it difficult to enjoy the evening. I requested a change of table to main dining area on the main level. After a 20 min. Wait, we were re-seated. It wasn't a major issue, except that I requested a table in the main dining area when I made the reservation. I wasn't too fond of the engineering of the space, especially the front desk area which doesn't provide ample space for patrons to wait, along with the excessive staff members who use the same area between assignments.
The tables in main dining area are totally cramped and it is impossible to have a private conversation. In fact, tables and chairs need to be adjusted and readjusted any time someone would need to stand up. In addition, I was constantly being bumped in my back by passing patrons and the by wait staff. In sum, there are too many tables in this room.
We skipped in the apps and ordered the 60 oz. Porterhouse for two ($108), with a side of Brussels sprouts/pancetta. The meat was perfectly cooked medium rare and the Brussel sprouts were extremely tasty. The steak was NOT 60 oz., unless the bone weighed 35. Either way, the quality of the meat was excellent.
Our server Dineen (sp) was very friendly, efficient and overall a pleasure to engage with.
In sum, Although I really did enjoy the food, the sum of the parts of this experience doesn't add up to a return visit.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

My Husband & I had a TERRIBLE time & meal here. To start off, there is valet parking which is nice but I didn't appreciate the young kid driving my new car around the block to the lot and then back around the block to get it back to us (I don't even let my 19 year drive my car).

We asked for a bottle of white zinfandel. They were out of it. We were served bread. There was about 3 different varieties. All of them had some type of nut or dried fruit in them. Not our cup of tea so we didn't eat the bread. We went on to order our food. We ordered the baked clams. We did NOT enjoy them at all. The stuffing was very crunchy. There was celery amongst other things cut up. We ordered the porterhouse for 2 medium rare, 1/2 an order of sauteed mushrooms and 1/2 an order of their special large tator tots (waiters suggestion).

Our food came QUICK...as we felt rushed quick! The steak was VERY disappointing. It was dry & tasteless & served to us in chunks not slices like a porterhouse for 2 usually comes. We had to both use every bit of sauce that the steak was served in. Normally, we do not use any type of sauce with steak. The ends were well done & chewy. The tator tots were just ok. The mushrooms were probably the best.

We have eaten in plenty of steak houses. Pace's, Insignia, Michael Jordan's to name a few. This by far, was the biggest disappointment & we are just aggregated that this meal was over $200. What really annoyed us most was the price of a glass of moscato $12.00. We knew how much the meals were here. Money isn't or wasn't an issue. It's the point. Charge in the ballpark of what other places do. Even $10 is acceptable. The music being played was loud and obnoxious too. Not pleasant music for an expensive steakhouse. Back to being rushed...we were in and out in an HOUR for a $200 meal! We will definitely not be back.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

OMG AMIAZING place
great outside seating
food was very good and service
bring some $$$$$
wine list great
be back

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Spectacular food and first class service. The steaks are to die for as is the seafood. Definitely on the expensive side but well worth it.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

This is a beautiful restaurant with fine, professional service. The room is one of the prettiest we have ever eaten in. We have always been pleased with the food, but it is very costly. There is an extensive wine list, many of them high-end. We have been going to Tellers for many years but do find it hard on the budget, and this is the only reason we have cut back on the frequency of our visits. There is a super lunch deal and the Wednesday wine dinners are also a relative bargain- give these a try.