“Fresh and Delicious Food”
Review of Simply Red Bistro - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Simply Red Bistro
Price range: US$6 - US$16
Cuisines: American
Description: Whether you are dining with family or friends, business colleagues or as a single traveler, we strive to provide a warm and relaxing crossroad where life and good food meet. Thank you for sharing part of your day with our family, at The Bistro at La Tourelle. Bon Appetite!
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This little bistro blew us away. The menu is short and simple, which is usually a good sign that the food will be fresh and seasonal. We ordered the "Pot of Gold" to start, which was a how bowl of ricotta cheese and a sweet/spicy sauce that comes with some hot and buttery toast for dipping. We never had anything like it, and a week later we're still talking about it. We also had their Cheese Plate and a seasonal Burger. Both were also amazing. This is a "must eat" if you are in Ithaca.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

We were staying at La Tourelle so had a late breakfast here....my omelet was chock full of cheese, mushrooms and sausage and cooked perfectly, as was the fried potatoes side. The breads offered for toast are from the Ithaca Bakery and very tasty. My husband's bacon was crispy and delicious. Lots of coffee and a nice fruit-cup rounded out our meals. Hours are limited; the menu is small so this may not be the place for everyone, but we enjoyed our start to the day here. Service was excellent.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

We really enjoyed our breakfast and brunch hear. French toast is amazing and there is a real farm to table effort. Great option to be away from the crowds at the Commons or in College town.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

I had breakfast delivered to my room from the Bistro. I travel often and almost always order breakfast from room service. Room service breakfasts are usually delivered on well-appointed trays or tables. I was very disappointed with what was delivered to my room from this place. At the prices, I feel this place is falsely advertised and doesn't live up to its own hype.

First, I asked for tea with lemon and was informed when delivered that the restaurant was out of lemons (!) and there was no cream, sugar, honey, nor any condiment offered or provided....not even salt\pepper. The pastry listed on the menu as included was not provided. Just one slice of toast (I've never eaten anywhere that doesn't give two slices of toast with eggs) and no jams or jellies, were given with the order.

The eggs (asked for sunny side up) were burnt as was the bacon and the several morsels of dried up potatoes that I found under the bacon.

There was no presentation given to the service, either...just a plate of eggs and uncovered juice dropped off. I was not shown a check to sign and was told by the 'delivery boy' that the gratuity was automatically charged, but I never saw how much I was charged until checkout.

I appreciate that the chef/owner wishes to cook with fresh herbs and healthy ingredients, but she should learn about the importance of keeping her kitchen stocked with basics (lemons, jams and jellies, for example) and assuring that customers get what is listed on the menu. Typical rip-off.

2  Thank DonnaMariaT
Reviewed 8 July 2013

we had breakfast here due to our overnight stay at the resort. very nice food, good decor and great staff. very small though so try to make a reservation.

1  Thank Syed A