“Fresh delicious food.”

Add it.
Simply Red Bistro
Price range: US$6 - US$16
Cuisines: American
Description: Whether you are dining with family or friends, business colleagues or as a single traveler, we strive to provide a warm and relaxing crossroad where life and good food meet. Thank you for sharing part of your day with our family, at The Bistro at La Tourelle. Bon Appetite!
Reviewed 19 August 2015 via mobile

Nice lunch spot. Variety of fresh delicious flatbreads. Nice service. Fair prices. Definitely a good choice in downtown Ithaca.

Reviewed 30 May 2015

Let me start by saying that I spent two nights at the LaTourelle Hotel and even after eating at the restaurant, I did not know its name was "Simply Red Bistro"..every sign I saw just said "Bistro"....I mention this because I think the place gets overlooked, its off in the corner of the lobby, not calling much attention to itself,,,,even it's name is secreted away. Anyhow we decided to try breakfast at "Simply Red Bistro" on the morning of our departure as a matter of convenience and were pleasantly surprised by the experience. I found the food quite tasty. I ordered the omelette and enjoyed some of the toppings offered (goat cheese, asparagus, mushrooms among others). Included with the breakfast was juice, coffee or tea and a pastry...quite a bit of food. I got the tea which was a fairly large selection of Artisan herbal teas. I really enjoy herbal tea so that was a big plus for me. A fruit cup is also included and consisted of a nice selection of grapes, strawberries, pineapple and melon, quite tasty. I will mention thought that the breakfast menu is limited to about 5 or 6 choices. Not sure why so few items and this was not a problem for me or my wife but maybe a finicky eater might have problems finding something suitable.
It really was a very good meal.........Surprisingly good!

1  Thank ROR29
Reviewed 4 November 2014

really enjoyed dinner here. We had a large party. The wait was reasonable given the size. Very interesting and varied menu. Wait staff was very professional. Prices were reasonable. one of the best Lamb burgers I ever had. Delicious.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We were disappointed that the chef lunch trio was not available, but complimentary bloody Marys soothed our angst. Then we had two delicious salads,with fresh mozzarella cheese and albacore tuna.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This little bistro blew us away. The menu is short and simple, which is usually a good sign that the food will be fresh and seasonal. We ordered the "Pot of Gold" to start, which was a how bowl of ricotta cheese and a sweet/spicy sauce that comes with some hot and buttery toast for dipping. We never had anything like it, and a week later we're still talking about it. We also had their Cheese Plate and a seasonal Burger. Both were also amazing. This is a "must eat" if you are in Ithaca.