“Great food, reasonable prices and service”
Review of Saigon Kitchen

Saigon Kitchen
Ranked #14 of 270 Restaurants in Ithaca
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Close call between 4 or 5 stars (not yet sure what I will submit)

The food is great. We went there at 3 pm to avoid the notorious crowd and delays. It was half house. We were seated quickly, though it took a while to get our orders taken (all the waitresses were having lunch together).

However, the food was served fairly quickly and it was delicious. It was not a Faustian "stop the time" experience, but very tasty and huge servings. We may have been too pale to receive chopsticks but managed to eat it with forks. Also, the coconut juice was great.

The deco and ambience is average, prices are OK: the value for your money is undeniable.

Hmm: I guess I settle for 4 stars due to service: they made not much of a connection with us other than delivering the food: nothing bad, but a little more professional and/or friendly approach would have swung me to call the overall experience "excellent".

Reviewed 4 August 2017

This place is very popular with locals, and with good reason - the food is delicious and the prices are reasonable. Street parking only. When you enter, there is a line at the front. Be sure to write your name and the number in your party on the sheet on the desk; the regulars know to do this, and we learned quickly! Also, it is BYOB. There is a liquor store around the corner for wine and spirits (but not beer); the gas station next to it sells beer. We were not charged a "corkage" fee by the restaurant. It is a small restaurant, with simple decor. The emphasis is clearly on the food. There are many vegetarian options on the menu, including a Vegetarian Pho. I had the Lemon Basil Stir Fry, which was delicious and refreshing. There is no background music at all, which was really nice. Just the sound of happy people eating.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

I was heading to Ithaca for an event. Decided to do some reviews on the best places to eat in Ithaca. Saigon Kitchen looked perfect. I already knew what I wanted to order before walking through the door. I walked in, and there were 2 tables finishing up. Employees had backs turned to the door, so I waited. They saw me eventually, but still didn't acknowledge my presence. So, I got up and got my own menu just in case there was something else I might have wanted. Still...nothing. waited 15 minutes and no batted an eyelash. Got up and walked out. Would have left completely, except I had put $1.25 in the meter. Found Francos down the street and the Sicilian pizza was incredible.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

Highly recommend this restaurant for quality, authenticity and service. Make a reservation if you can.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

The menu is the usual Vietnamese one, but the execution is simply outstanding. Every dish is downright delicious. I have not had a bad dish there yet after many visits. It is also a BYO restaurant, so bring along your favorite wine or beer. Highly recommended.