“Great Lunch”

Ranked #12 of 271 Restaurants in Ithaca
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

We had a great lunch at moosewood. We were able to have a reservation for a large group. We had a leisurely lunch. The staff was very accommodating. The portions are smaller, healthy portions, so be aware when ordering.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

We had heard of this restaurant through its cookbooks and reviews and visited it for dinner earlier this month while touring the Finger Lakes using Ithaca as our base.
This restaurant is known for its vegetarian and vegan food prepared from fresh local produce sourced daily. The menu changes accordingly. I had a quinoa encrusted and grilled catfish that was excellent. My wife had a vegetarian dish and my son had scallops, all outstanding.
The ambience is very informal, almost like a cafe, and the service warm & friendly. A reservation is advisable as the tables are usually fully booked.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

- We have been fans for over 20 years but rarely get to Ithaca. Great wholesome food, friendly service, interesting “ageing hippie” vibe with protest sign decorations. Everything is tasty.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

As a vegetarian, I can say this is one of my fav places I've been too in awhile. Oh so good. I can't decide what's my favorite. So many options. Try them all! (Pictured is my husband with a dessert that was so good we almost licked the plate!)

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

I found a Moosewood cookbook in my first apartment and learned to cook unique, vegetarian meals ... all these years later I finally drove through Ithaca and stopped at the Moosewood Restaurant. Glad we did. The restaurant and staff were charming and the food delicious. Loved the political posters, too.

Since we were traveling with our dog, we called ahead for take-out and walked around the corner to Dewitt Park to eat. It was very easy to order over the phone and they packed everything very well for traveling. Ithaca is a beautiful city to stroll around. Glad we called ahead, they closed at 2:30 pm, instead of 3 pm as posted on the website (new Sunday brunch hours). We would have missed it.

Loved the Summer Salad and Creamy Butternut Soup. Liked the Cuban sandwich. The Potato Pancakes were very over-salted, so a miss.

Looking forward to being in Ithaca again, and coming back to the Moosewood Restaurant.

I wish I still had that old cookbook. It stayed with the apartment when I moved and I lost the BEST Tortellini recipe ...