“Great choice for our last evening in Ithaca”
Review of The Boatyard Grill

The Boatyard Grill
Ranked #5 of 270 Restaurants in Ithaca
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: At The Boatyard Grill you can enjoy delicous locally sourced steak and seafood while looking out over the breathtaking waterfront view. All of our food comes in fresh everyday, you won't find a better dining experience in the town. We are happy to host large groups and private events. If you are planning a rehearsal dinner, wedding reception, family gathering, cocktail party, class reunion or a casual BBQ or Clambake, look no further! We will make your special event a waterfront event to remember! Our experienced management team will make planning your event virtually effortless. We have a variety of party offerings that can meet every budget and catering need. Choose from our Waterfront Parties, Holiday Parties and Cocktail Parties and contact our management team today. Join us for live music on our deck every Friday! Visit our website to see the schedule.
Reviewed 15 August 2017

There was about a 20 minute wait. We went to the bar and ordered a drink. Wish I had known we could take our drinks outside and sit in the Adirondack chairs. We ordered the Boom Boom Cauliflower at the bar. The portion was big and it was delicious. The portions on the entrees were not as big. But I was okay with that. I did not walk away hungry. The entrees were good. After the meal we enjoyed the outside seating area. The ambiance was spectacular.

Mark M, Owner at The Boatyard Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Thanks for visiting us! It seems like you enjoyed your visit a lot, but now that you know what to expect, I bet your next trip is even better. We're looking forward to serving you again!

Best,
Bill Oechslin, Manager

Reviewed 14 August 2017

I cannot say enough about the restaurant. Had dinner there Saturday night, sat on the patio, minimal wait, waiter was phenomenal, food excellent, view amazing. Wish we lived closer. Well done.

Mark M, Owner at The Boatyard Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Thanks for dining with us last Saturday, Alexe! I hope you're not too far from us because we'd love the chance to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

We had reservations for a group of eight and were asked to wait at the bar. I ordered the wrong wine for my bride and it was promptly exchanged with a smile. We were seated within 10 minutes to an outdoor table with a view of the harbor. The waite staff was friendly and courteous. We were served promptly and the food was of good quality and attractively priced. I would recommend this restaurant and plan to return when in the Ithaca area.

Thanks for recommending us, Dennis! Getting your wife's wine switched out was no trouble at all. Hope to serve you two again soon!

Best,

Reviewed 11 August 2017

I have been here a few times and I am always impressed. The view is spectacular. We got lucky and were able to sit outside. They do not take reservations but they do take a call ahead list. We did not have to wait very long. The bar is very nice and big. My pina colada was delcicious.

Mark M, Owner at The Boatyard Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

I'm so happy you got the chance to sit outside and enjoy our views while the weather is still wonderful! Hope you can come back and see us again very soon.

All the best,

Reviewed 11 August 2017

We stopped in on a Friday evening to hear the live music with a drink outside and then to have dinner in the restaurant.

We love the setting outside as there are so few places to eat and drink on the water in town. The music is always worth coming for and we had two drinks sat outside before we ate.

At dinner our server was wonderful. He was very knowledgeable about the food and was attentive throughout the night and always kept an eye on drinks to ensure we had our order in well before we ran dry.

The food was enjoyable but not spectacular. Our starters were very well received but some of the party felt the mains didn't quite live up to the standards of the location and the service. We ate a variety of the seafood dishes and there were no complaints. My lobster lollipops were very nice.

We will certainly be back as the food is good if perhaps not the best in town, and the experience as a whole was excellent.

Thank you very much for your thorough review, Peter! It sounds like our views, drinks, and service all knocked it out of the park. That being said, I do wish our entrees had made more of a splash with your group, but we do have a large menu and I'm sure we can find some favorites for you all next time. I hope you'll choose to dine with us again very soon!