“best food in Ithaca”

Sangam Indian Cuisine
Ranked #27 of 274 Restaurants in Ithaca
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Authentic Indian cuisine. Serving since 1983. Daily lunch buffet, Dine in,Take out, Delivery and catering from 50 to 1000 people. large selection of dairy free, gluten free and vegan dishes on the menu.
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Sangam is without a doubt the best Indian Cuisine in all of Ithaca. They are the only place that actually uses a genuine Clay Oven to prepare their food. The Tandoori chicken is to die for!! I would highly recommend making a point to visit Sangam if you're anywhere near Ithaca.

2  Thank mer2472017

Reviewed 28 October 2016

Yet again I find myself lamenting the lack of a "Good" rating on TA. Most of what was on offer here was average at best - shabby dining room, ordinary service, rice and naan well below the standard I would expect back home in the UK. But my fellow diners said that their main dishes were good - and my own goat curry cooked on the bone was very good indeed, with flavoursome meat and interesting spicing. Kingfisher beer a plus - so just about deserves "very good" overall

2  Thank WardenRon
Reviewed 18 September 2016

So many wonderful Indian dishes! While it is in an old building in college town and the decor is rather remedial... make no mistake, the food is amazing.

2  Thank alison n
Reviewed 5 September 2016

I am sorry but the food wasn't good. My friends and I ate because we were famished and it was almost 10 in the night. We ate vegetarian food.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

I've eaten here for about 20 years on a regular basis. The food is very good and we have many favorites. it used to be that whatever spice level you picked they got it right. I am writing this review because for some reason they have really jacked up the spice(heat) levels. The last 4 or 5 times I ate there, it was inedible due to the level of heat, not just in my opinion, but for the other 3 people I dine with as well. We started ordering "as mild as possible" and it was still really hot. We are used to a little heat. Even the condiments are hotter now. All 4 of us stopped dining here several months ago because of this problem. If it was the way it used to be, I would have consistently given them a 4 rating for the past 20 years. Not any more. I hope they change the heat levels back to the way they used to be.