“Great Lunch Sandwiches”
Review of Ithaca Bakery

Ithaca Bakery
Ranked #3 of 270 Restaurants in Ithaca
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Takeout
Description: A favorite in New York's Finger Lakes region, the Ithaca Bakery stores feature terrific sandwiches, homemade entrées and salads, artisan breads and bagels, superb pastry, outstanding cheeses, and great fair-trade coffee!
Reviewed 18 August 2017

This place is located at the west side of Ithaca and has a great variety of sandwiches which made it hard to select one. They also have plenty of other grab and go, or sit down and eat it there fast food. We had two of their specialty sandwiches. They were large and thick, and tasty. You can order it on different types of bread. You just go to the counter and give you order to the girl or guy there (probably a University student). They give you a number stand and you go sit down. They bring you your order when it is done. You get your own pop/tea/water from a dispenser. You can also order beer. There is an adjacent parking lot and I had no trouble getting a spot (there were three left). It appears a lot of patrons just walk there from this university town.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Though obviously a trendy and hip spot for the Ithaca crowd, I just don't understand the popularity of this place. I've stopped in a handful of times in the dozen or so years I've lived in the area, and each time I've been disappointed. Today was no exception.

I ordered the Cuban Panini for $10.50 (just the sandwich). I love a Cuban sandwich, but this barely resembled that classic--almost like the chef who designed it had never had a Cuban before. The sandwich had never seen a panini press or grill--it was just on soft French bread. The filling was all pork--very little cheese, no ham I could detect, tiny amount of pickle and an absence of mustard. What a disappointment. I don't see any point in having such an extensive menu if they can't even make a classic right.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

While I love their bread selection and quality, I am disappointed in their breakfast sandwiches. When you are paying over $10 for a breakfast sandwich you would not expect that it would be microwaved, and then on top of being microwaved, that part of the sandwich filling would still be cold in the middle. I do enjoy going there for the bread, but the next time I think I will stick with bagels and cream cheese for breakfast.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

I went there for the first time recently and I was impressed. It was completely packed and there's limited seating. The lines are a little confusing. But the menu is huge! Soo much to choose from. I went with the tradition breakfast sandwich - bacon, egg, and cheese. It was delicious. Limited parking.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

I visit Ithaca often so, visit Ithaca Bakery often. A great place to grab some quick food that is Good (and not just quick). And, pick up some of their granola, almost worth the trip there just for the granola.