“Fantastic Meal”

The Jamesport Manor Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Jamesport Manor Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Jamesport
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Road (Route 25)
Description: The Jamesport Manor Inn prepares New American Cuisine. Expertly prepared, each dish is infused with excitement, sophistication and pure artistry.
Reviewed 25 October 2017

This place is off the beaten track, which I guess is why it doesn't get a lot of play in the articles about what to do on the North Fork, but it was absolutely delicious. The ingredients were all fresh and the dishes delicious. There were some interesting twists in the recipes. The bill wasn't cheap but it wasn't out of line with the better restaurants in the area and the food and wine was absolutely top of the heap.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

After a day touring the wineries, my foodie family made reservations to eat at the Jamesport Manor. We arrived early and they were able to accommodate us. Everything about the food was on point. Those who had the oysters as appetizers loved them - served ice cold with lemon granita on top. I personally had the roasted beet salad with orange and goat cheese (which I love as a combo anyway) and found this to be of a good texture, dressed and seasoned well and presented beautifully. For dinner, our choices were the lamb chops, pork chop, short ribs and I personally had the pan roasted duck over black peppercorn fettuccine. It was prepared to a perfect medium with the skin nicely crisp. The fettuccine with cassis lingonberry sauce was a nice addition. The stringbeans were also good. No one was disappointed with their choices.
For dessert, some of us shared the chocolate macadamia nut pie. It was packed with whole and half macadamia nuts and held together with a chocolate ganache. Very rich and satisfying.
An overall pleasant experience. The staff was nice. I was disappointed no one came around to refill our water glasses or top off our wine glasses but that didn't detract from my rating of the restaurant. Living in NYC, I might not consider driving out just to eat here, but if I was on the East end, I would definitely go here again.

1  Thank Melissa G
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

This place was so quaint and cute inside the food was so delicious and it was a beautiful orchard that me and my husband took pictures and behind the restaurant the only negative thing is that our waitress really didn't pay attention to usThe other server wound up doing more for us than our waitress and it kind of put a damper on it a little bit but our food was also not cold but Luke warm

2  Thank John M
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

This restaurant was a Birthday dinner surprise whilst staying on Long Island.
Wow!!!!
Hayley (lovely English lady) was our host and she was amazing. Attentive, honest and made our evening a special one.
The building is beautiful and fascinating.
The food is out of this world and I'm a fussy eater!
I had the fried Brie encrusted with almonds as a starter and it was divine. Other highlights for our party were the beetroot salad, duck pate and figs! All were high grade, beautifully presented and tasted amazing.
My main was the duck (cooked to my liking) as did two others and a steak for the other person.
I have NEVER had such good food. Again beautifully presented but more importantly tasted out of this world! Not small portions so don't overfill on bread beforehand.
I have eaten in many Michelin starred restaurants and I'm surprised this isn't one of them. It certainly should be.
A wonderful meal, superbly looked after by the wonderful Hayley and a great time was had by all.
If you are visiting North Fork or Riverhead then you must eat here. It's not expensive and you will eat like kings and queens and have an amazing time.
I can't recommend this place more.
Best Birthday dinner ever.
Thank you chef and Hayley!

2  Thank Guy P
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Had lunch today at the Jamesport Manor Inn and it was quite a great experience. The atmosphere here is very nice . The acoustics are fantastic and you can actually here the person with you.I had a BLT Lobster roll that was a Lobstere salad combined with Bacon, Lettuce,corn and tomato , It was served with Fries. I have to say it was a great sandwich!
My wife had a Chicken salad which was a green salad served with pieces of chicken. She thoroughly enjoyed it . In addition they had a nice wine list with a lot of local options. The food was moderately priced and worth every cent.

1  Thank pnocerino