Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

My family spent 4 days at this campground renting a cabin and pitching one tent. The weather was cooperating so a ceiling fan did a job. The bathrooms were beyond my expectations, always clean and I really liked that they have individual shower stalls. There was enough activities to do beyond the Chasm. There is 20+ miles of biking path, from easy to black diamond, 3 miles to the beach at lake Champlain, 2 conservation wetlands open to public for outdoor activities relatively close. The biggest advantage of staying at this site was that the Ausable Chasm that offers nice hiking trails is just 5 min walking distance. I would definitely recommend this campsite.

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed 27 July 2018

I would not go back, not only because of my experiences described below, but also because the Chasm park itself can be done in 1 day. It's not necessary to stay at that campground to enjoy the park. There are other campgrounds, like Ausable Point, that seem to be better options. I am being generous with a 3 star rating.

The online reservation process is misleading. When selecting a tent site with dates, the results given show available options. So I looked at the map, spoke with someone at the front desk to confirm I was choosing correctly, and booked spot #28 for its privacy. I HAD NO IDEA THAT THERE ARE TWO SPOTS LABELED #28. In fact, several of the numbers repeat themselves, but I only discovered this when checking in and found out I was not in the spot #28 I wanted. The check-in person was less than nice to me.

How difficult is it to give each spot a unique number? That would clear up any potential for confusion.

Speaking of the facility, if you do not choose the tent sites in the back of the property, forget about privacy. All of the spots are small and you can see and hear everything your neighbors are doing. I didn't know where my spot started and ended. I was surrounded by 3 adjacent sites, but luckily one of the neighboring spots was vacant so we had some room to breathe. There are several tall trees that provide plenty of shade, which is great for hot days but there is no low-level brush to create natural separation.

Speaking of security, we had a French speaking couple fighting, screaming, and arguing around 3am for at least 30-45 mins before the cops finally showed up. It's not the fault of the campground, but how did they let it go on for so long? This means security is non-existent.

The bathrooms were good and the $1 coffee in the office was good. The proximity to Ausable and Keesville (for restaurants) are great.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 695swatig
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights and the kids enjoyed it. There was a system error with the site and we ended up pitching our tent between 3 RVs, which isn’t ideal when you are in a tent and you have to hear the ac roaring all night. We asked to be switched but our site was taken. The issue is that they have the same set of numbers for tents as they do for RVs.

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

Ausable chasm campground was nice and quiet and really close to ausable Chasm itself. We stayed at a cabin but the only thing lacking is air conditioning. That would be my
Only wat I would stay again is if they had air conditioning otherwise everything else was fine

Reviewed 1 July 2018

Me and my kids went two nights at Ausable Chasm Campground and we really enjoyed it. Really close to the canyon, walking distance.
Campground was clean, had a heated pool, toilets and showers were clean. The only thing I would say that I didn't like, is that we stayed in a cabin and cabins are really close to other camping sites, less than 20 feet. I would've prefer much more space and intimacy. But our experience was great!

Date of stay: June 2018