“BBQ with a view”

Add it.
Outpost Bbq
Ranked #4 of 15 Restaurants in Kerhonkson
Reviewed 19 October 2016

We stopped for lunch at Outpost on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. It was an easy decision since there are not a lot of other restuarants around. Outpost BBQ is simply a truck parked in a lot with a couple of picnic tables. The BBQ was good (we sampled the brisket, pulled pork and chicken. All were good but not exceptional. Both the potato salad and cole slaw were home.made and excellent. Portions were large and the prices were quite low, so you get plenty of value for your money. The two staff were very friendly and helpful. Would definitely come back if we are ever in Kerhokson again.

Reviewed 27 June 2016

I am a sucker for good pulled pork and I think I just had the best pulled pork sandwich I have ever had. Big chunks and shredded with just the right amount of pork fat. Distinct smoky aroma. And perhaps the most PP I have ever gotten on a sandwich. Ambiance is not much. Just a funky little stand and some picnic tables plopped on the corner of a fairly busy road. It is high above the road so you don't get the sense you are on the highway. There are only 3 sides available - Cole slaw, baked beans, and potato salad. I had the slaw and it was ok. The bun is your basic hamburger bun which in my mind is good as it doesn't distract from the sublime pork. If you are taking it to go be sure to ask for additional BBQ sauce as the little serving cup they provide is barely enough to wet the bun. Not perfect, but the awesome pork more than made up for it!

Reviewed 14 June 2016

Excellent quality, the with beef, pork, and chicken smoked to perfection . Vivian was running the show and runs a tight ship. Friendly, helpful, and she sports a very pleasant personality. Nicely Done Vivian

Reviewed 15 May 2016 via mobile

I've been to Outpost a few times, and will, no doubt return (it's on my route home from a trout stream) so, although the stars may not seem good, I am just being honest.
Both the brisket and the pulled pork here are so finely chopped that there is little distinction between the interior meat and the browned outside. It's a shame to do that, in my opinion. The smoke flavor is light, and the seasoning is insufficient. I don't believe they have hot sauces there for customer use, although a small portion of barbecue sauce is provided with each order
There are only 3 sides available: baked beans apparently from a can, coleslaw that seems to have been cut using a buffalo chopper, and potato salad, which I cannot comment on, because they were out of it. I suspect both salads are bought in 5 gallon tubs, but could not testify to it. Certainly though, again there is nothing special here, and the sides too are really crying out for flavor!
So, the food rates a solid "okay". If you take it home, some good vinegar sauce, hot sauce, or barbecue sauce will improve it.
The people are pleasant, and the portion sizes are very respectable for the price, making it a pretty good value.
It's not a bad place, but I wouldn't go very far out of my way to have their food.

Reviewed 22 April 2015

As a little BBQ shack on the hill, it has great tangy flavorful BBQ brisket, pork and chicken. The sides are homemade and very good! The servings are plentiful and well priced for the value.

1  Thank mpeplow