All reviews full kitchen fire pit one bedroom suite the sofa bed front desk live here ve stayed here canadian bacon living space free beer and wine separate hot tub convenient spot i've visited ice maker huge bathroom a marriott rewards member sitting area
Reviewed 26 October 2018

I had a great experience while travelling through the area on work. I checked in late and was exhausted and the guy at the front desk was very friendly and got me to my room quickly. This morning the breakfast was perfect and better than other Residence Inns. My room was tidy and clean.

This is the hotel that delivered what it claimed it would and made me feel like they appreciated my business.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank psubloch
Reviewed 23 October 2018

From check-in to check-out, this hotel is outstanding: the paragon of service and comfort. The rooms are beautifully and efficiently designed with an ample kitchen, huge bathroom, desk and comfy bed. The staff are lovely, and the room was beautifully apportioned with every convenience (even an automatic ice-maker). I cannot say enough good things. This is an exemplar among hotels I've visited recently. And I consider myself a very harsh critic. I'm delighted to have found this hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank EmilyMartha
Reviewed 22 October 2018

The Kingston Residence Inn is a model for what a hotel should be. Only trivial details prevent me from declaring it perfect.

The staff is wonderful. The decor is Marriott's latest: it's fine, sorta trendy, might be dated in another decade or so, but it's certainly not dated today. The room amenities are as good as it gets in this class. Marriott has paid attention to details, and it shows: a small shelf near the entrance with a recess for pocket change and outlets for charging your phone. Plenty of outlets on either side of the bed. Bedside lighting that has both area lights and reading spotlights. A reasonably comfortable L-shaped couch. A very spacious work table. In larger rooms, a true full kitchen; in smaller rooms, a sizable kitchen that you can actually prepare some meals in. A spacious, well-laid-out bathroom with good lighting, good ventilation, good amenities. TVs that can use your Netflix account. A good breakfast buffet. A well-maintained, albeit smallish, indoor pool and hot tub.

In short, it will meet or exceed the expectations of any traveller not expecting a full-service (concierge, room service) hotel.

Like many chain hotels, the TV channel selection is limited; AMC, for example, isn't offered, so you'll need to stream The Walking Dead if that's your thing. However, all channels offered are HD and work reliably. Also, Internet speeds are plenty fast.

The kitchen comes with a reasonably complete set of implements, including a kitchen knife. Like most suite hotels, hand soap for the kitchen is not provided. You do get a full-size fridge and a compact dishwasher. Studios and some one-bedroom suites come with a two-seat dining bar; larger one-bedroom suites get a two-seat dining table.

While the hotel only offers a breakfast buffet and occasional "meet and greets" in the lobby, Kingston is small and there are many, many good dining choices nearby. The city's proximity to the Culinary Institute of America means you can't throw a stone without hitting a CIA-trained chef. Adams Fairacre Farms, one light down from the hotel, sells virtually any "exotic" ingredient you might want for in-room food prep, and some good take-home prepared food too.

The bottom line: Residence Inn Kingston is the best hotel I've found in the Hudson Valley. It's also the best reasonably-priced hotel near western Massachusetts and Connecticut. If you're within 100 miles and want a great room at a decent price, stay here.

Room tip: 1BR suites come in two flavors: small (no oven) and large (corner, full range w/oven, bathroom across "hall" from bedroom).
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2018

This was my first time here while on a business assignment. Upon checking in I was greeted by a very pleasant young lady (Jess) who made me feel very welcome here. She checked me in and gave me some good information about shopping in the area as I needed to buy a few things. Jess also greeted me in the dining room and I observed her making the rounds with other guests to make sure their needs were taken care of. It is always nice to see this kind of commitment to customer satisfaction and Jess was certainly a great example of this. The offerings during the guest reception were decent with appetizers, craft beers, and wine. Very nice. I went to the fitness center which is pretty basic. It is equipped with several treadmills, elliptical machines, a bench and dumbbells. I was able to do my usual workout. My room was very spacious and clean and had great lighting and internet access that allowed me to take care of my business. I will definitely recommend this hotel and I will certainly be back next time I'm here on business. Very positive - thank you Jess!

Room tip: I think all the rooms here are pretty comparable.
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2018

We were displaced from our home with our two dogs. The staff is AMAZING! Since I have been living here for over three weeks I interact with everyone on a daily basis. We met Dan Kiernan, Front Office Manager, the first day we came. He was very friendly and accommodating. He put us into a one bedroom that helped us feel at home and greeted us as if a friend each time we saw him.Given he grew up in the area it made us feel more at homel. The rooms are very clean and spacious with a kitchenette.

We called to ask if we could get a room with an oven and if we could be near the outside door. We have two dogs that are used to being able to go in and out of our house at will. Allison Teetsel, Front Desk, immediately gave us a room next to the outside doors and offered to help us move.

Due to the dogs I clean our room, Allison Elwell cleans the rooms in our hallway. She always happily gets me everything needed. Jess Wells, Exec Housekeeping, is also very accommodating and friendly. I saw her in the breakfast area working and asked what its like to work here, she said it is great because they have a great team. The next day she was at the front desk, I noticed this to be the norm everyone seems to help in all areas.

One weekend morning I was getting coffee and I was listening to people complaining to a woman I hadn't seen before. I was so impressed at her upbeat attitude and willingness to try to make this person happy appearing like the others, she really cared. I found Dan and informed him and I inquired about who she was much to my surprise I was told she is the Manager, Cathy Johnson.

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday they give complementary food and drinks. I didn't get all the names of staff but everyone here goes above and beyond. Dan is always visible and when the food event is going on he checks in with everyone as they are eating and makes sure everyone has what they need. One evening the Home Plate Deli brought platters and salads. I know the owner and messaged him how great the food was. The owner,Alex mentioned Dan by name and said what great relationship he has with him and he refers people here all the time that are very happy. It's so important to build relationships with local people and give a hometown feel instead of corporate.

I can't stress enough how the staff jumps in to accommodate in any capacity to ensure the guests needs are met.

• Trip type: Travelled with family