Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$179
TravelocityUS$179
Vio.comUS$179
Orbitz.comUS$179
Trip.comUS$209
EtripUS$179
All reviews the pearl minute walk main building boutique hotel hotel room hudson valley one night stay nice hotel aesthetic elevator
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 July 2022

When an airbnb fell through, I booked a room at Hotel Kinsley for the night. I was clear about what I wanted, a room with ventilation, and windows that opened. Based on that request, I booked a particular room that was available.When I got there, they said they'd upgraded me, but the room I was shown to didn't have what I'd asked for. Eventually they found me a GREAT room, but it would've been ideal if that had all been sorted out when I made the booking. The associate who sorted it out and helped me get my stuff into the room was a very nice person, and made up for the errors with good cheer and hospitality.

The room (in the Pearl St. building) was comfortable, and the design very pleasant. It's a minimalist aesthetic, with a few well-chosen books, and some great design ideas (like putting the Samsung flat-screened TV on an artist's easel!) The bed was comfortable. The lighting was good and varied. The building has very nice 19th century detailing. I could see wanting to stay in that room for a longer stay sometime.

I think, for what I paid, which is a lot for a hotel room anywhere, a really good breakfast ought to be included. Like, some cereal for people who don't eat gluten, some fruit? Yogurt? The three available things were nice, but some variety that accommodates different needs and tastes is appreciated when you're paying the same price for a hotel room you might pay in NYC or London or Tokyo. (The options were: two kinds of small muffins, boiled eggs, and orange juice. That was it!)

I would absolutely return, but maybe off-season, if the prices are different then. I get that this is a luxury hotel, and that's how it's presented and branded, but it's not so meticulous or so perfect or so unusual that some more attention to detail in making a booking, and a higher level of hospitality in the area of an included breakfast wouldn't merit (for me) a higher rating.

It also could be that the hotel is aimed solely at people for whom money is no object, but it wasn't that full on a weekend in the summer, and, although I definitely don't have an MBA, or experience in managing hotels, I wonder if prices were set 20-25% lower the uptick in bookings might swiftly make up for the lower prices?

Reviewed 16 July 2022 via mobile

Nice rooms, large and comfortable. Nice breakfast with limited foods but all high quality. Comfortable bed and good bathroom. Hallway carpets need better cleaning and the elevator was broken the whole time we were there (several days)..

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 July 2022 via mobile

As part of a road trip along the Hudson Valley, I had not intended to stay in Kingston but came across this boutique hotel and thought it would be a nice detour. The room was spacious and had great decorative touches. Nice fixtures with bathroom and overall welcoming room for relaxation. Hotel bar is small but had wonderful list of cocktails which were a perfect antidote to a long day of driving.
The attached restaurant was a nice experience as well.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 15 June 2022

It’s a little hard to review this hotel because we stayed here during the height of covid and much in the town was closed. Our room at the Kinsley was a little oasis and very comfortable. We liked the little touches in the room and the quirkiness of the public spaces. Unfortunately, we did not try the restaurant because it was closed during our stay. Looking forward to going back now that things are more normal. One tip is I would avoid staying in a room that over looks the alleyway; the town garbage truck comes early and woke me up.

Date of stay: November 2021
John Menne, General Manager at Hotel Kinsley, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2022

Thank you for staying with us at Hotel Kinsley. We're so happy you found the room comfortable! It's too bad the restaurant was closed during your stay. It is now open 6 days a week. I'm not sure when your stay was, but with the pandemic receding, more and more businesses are expanding their hours. We hope you can come stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 4 June 2022

We stayed in the Pearl St. location - utterly charming. We'd booked a "deluxe King" but they couldn't accommodate us at the main building when we arrived, so they upgraded us to a larger room on Pearl St. Wow! The building is stunning, with a large lounge decorated in jewel tone velvets and mid century modern furniture. The room had the same vibe. Vintage furniture, bold colours, fabulous art on the walls - stunning marble bathroom with quality fixutres (beautiful brass faucets and towel bars). Everything is well thought out. Wonderful restaurant at the main building with lovely indoor and outdoor dining spaces. Menu is great - including really fantastic non alcoholic cocktails, if you are into that. Outstanding food on the menu as well. Can't say enough about how great this property is. We'll be back!

Date of stay: May 2022
John Menne, General Manager at Hotel Kinsley, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2022

Thank you so much for staying with us. We're so happy to read that you were happy with the upgrade, the decor and the restaurant. We look forward to having you back!