“Must try”

Elephant
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stopped by this hidden little gem of a restaurant. She had snails and chorizo I hade meats n cheese and strip steak. Portions were not huge but everything had excellent flavor and no plate left our table with a hint of food on it. The pate was out of this world with a simply put mans man type mustard. We will be back. I have to try the scallops next. Thank you.

Reviewed 1 December 2016

Looks might deceive you from the outside. It looks like any other quaint little shop in Kingston, however, the food was amazing!

Reviewed 15 November 2016

I have mixed feelings about this restaurant.

The parking is "on-street" and on a Friday evening we had to park a couple of blocks away.

I had wiener-schnitzel, which was very good, but the portions of the "sides" were a bit small; my wife had truffle Mac'nCheese, which was wonderful, but with less salt would have been much more wonderful. Desserts were excellent.The sangria was very, very good, but served by the glass only--a pitcher could not be ordered. Noise level was pretty typical for a restaurant, that is, too high. Service was excellent. My impression was that it was a bit overpriced.

All-in-all, although Elephant was very, very good, you can get a better meal for a bit less money.

Reviewed 19 October 2016

I went with friends. Two of us had dietary considerations. The chef refused to honor any of them. I wanted my "bun" left off the hamburger. The waiter stated that the chef felt the artistic presentation would be ruined, and he would not allow that. My friend had an allergist's diet recommendations. She had to find food that fit, rather than have the chef make small amendments. (We weren't asking for new dishes.)

My hamburger was very good. Cooked well, with crisp bacon. But it was only slightly bigger than a slider (advertised as "larger portion"), and cost $25.

Never again. The second star is because the wait staff was nice, and the burger was well cooked.

And it was incredibly noisy.

1  Thank GQueenBoston
Reviewed 24 August 2016

The Elephant is a small quiky wine and tappas bar in uptown Kingston. The food is outstanding. The tappas and the entrees pair ingredients and flavors very creatively making it a unique culinary experience. They offer a large variety of Spanish or Portugese wines to please any taste. What a wonderful asset for uptown dining. I absolutely love this restaurant. Do yourself a favor and try the "tacos al pastore" or a "caesar" and just about anything else on the menu and follow it up with a "pot de creme" for dessert. Wow ... too good for words!!