Superlodge Kingston
Rodeway Inn(Kingston)
Courtyard Kingston(Kingston)
Residence Inn Kingston(Kingston)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I agree with the other reviewer: You get what you pay for. Our budget was around $100 for the night, no frills needed. - We had checked ahead through our local friends: The ongoing renovations at the Garden Plaza Inn made that venue unacceptable for us (and they didn't lower their $165/night price over there despite the dust and racket). So, we expected not much and had an ok stay.
The rooms on our floor had all recently been renovated, and it was clean -- all we asked for. There was no coffee maker, no shampoo, and the towels were the thinnest, smallest, and scratchiest I've ever seen. At least there was a mini-fridge. For our on-the-road trip it was ok.

The rooms facing the busy Route 28 get traffic noise. You may want to ask for rooms in the back, which should be quieter and look out on a strip of grass at least.
I looked at the indoor pool but didn't use it.
The Family Diner next door is awful. Don't bother to stop there for breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back, not facing busy Rte 28.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Chrisjazz
Reviewed 25 August 2013

You get what you pay for with this place. It is one of the least expensive hotels in the Kingston area, and there is certainly a reason for it. The hotel is very dated and needs substantial renovations. The comforter on my bed and furniture in my room could have been 20 years old, the sliding glass door had gaps that let some mosquitoes and small bugs into the room, and the facade of the building could use repair in places - some cans of paint would sharpen up the back of the building substantially, it makes me wonder why the hotel does not invest in even the cheapest of materials - paint - to improve the look of the place. This signals to me that the owner has largely stopped trying and caring. Like another writer, i also struggled to open the shampoo and don't think I could have done so without scissors. The towels were very thin and need replacing.

That said, my room looked clean to me. If you are price conscious and want the bare minimum - a cleanish room - and can put up with a lack of charm, old furnishings, and a place that seems to be on it's last legs, this is a good option for you.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank MRT2000
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Entrance on the side near "Diner" was always open. My room was on the ground floor side/back and had a patio door that overlooked a broken looking railing. And some man walked by the window a couple of times going into a side door or something. The room was dated, dank and dirty. I booked a 4 nights and left after the first night. No coffee in the room, and when I went to the diner for a cup, the lady asked me if I was a motel guest and when I said yes she said I got the special rate. $2.00 for a cup of dishwater? Never again. It makes the Quality (which aint so nice) across the Street look like the Plaza. AND they BETTER not try to bill me.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Frank D
Reviewed 8 August 2013

The Inn is past it's prime but if you only need a place to sleep this inn is located minutes from the Thruway. It was the cheapest location in the Kingston area about 40 miles south of Albany. There are several historic places in Kingston and you can see elements of the Dutch influence from 1660's. If you have the time for breakfast or lunch eat at Desing's Bakery in town.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jack E
Reviewed 4 August 2013

When I saw the entrance sign was spelled "enterance", I knew attention to detail wouldn't come into play.
Smelly, dirty carpets throughout, worn out blanket, every thing in the room is stained, chipped or old, and not that clean.
No wifi to be found, shampoo in little plastic packets that are UNOPENABLE, the only way I would stay here again is if nothing else was available.
The mattress was ok, and the AC worked well.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo