“Good food! ”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Went for dinner. Had chicken parmigiana with side of spaghetti. Comes with bread and salad. Typical Italian fare on menu. Good selection to choose from. My friend had chicken piccata made with mushrooms which,however, you can get without the mushrooms. The restaurant gets very busy. We were there by six pm and got a seat without a reservation. After that you may need to wait in line. Suggest you have a reservation. It’s a pretty popular place and has a good reputation. A little bit pricey. We had a lovely waitress. Friendly staff.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

My husband, daughter and I went to the following restaurant. My husband ordered the Zuppa di pesce (Cioppino) which means fish soup in Italian. Cioppino is a very well know as it’s an American/Italian dish which consists of a soup with all different types of seafood/fish in a rich tomato sauce. At Mario’s restaurant this was NOT the case! They reinvented the dish which is clearly not what is indicated on the menu; with pasta and a few pieces of seafood (6 clams, a few shrimps & a piece of fish)... When we politely mentioned to the waitress this is not what we were expecting there should be no pasta, as Cioppino is a soup, she rudely said “ I don’t make the menu, this is how we do it here...” when we tried to explain her what is indicated on the menu & what Cioppino was, she relied “ I will not be talked down too!”
No Manager or owner came to see us at our table, nothing was done, no empathy whatsoever, DO NOT RECOMMEND SUCH MISLEADING PLACE with a HORRIBLE WAITRESS!!! If you don’t like your job, change fields!!! To the restaurant owner; after so many years in business you should know what Cioppino is...

2  Thank Lotsa_lime
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and I were in town for the night and asked a local where to go for Italian and was referred to Mario’s. After a short walk to the restaurant, we were seated promptly and given great service by our young waitress throughout the night. We both ordered the bake onion soup which was done well as an appetizer. Moving on to the meal, my wife ordered the Veal Saltambuca and I ordered the Egg Plant and Veal mixture. We both agreed the meals were under seasoned and just ok. Overall the experience was good.

Reviewed 7 May 2018

Blast from the past. Haven't been here in years. The restaurant didn't disappoint. Service was great. Food was plentiful..yummy bread, soup was terrific. We had Chicken Marsala and the House Special. Great portions. The chick in the Marsala was amazingly tender..everything was great. We'll be back!

Reviewed 3 May 2018

Excellent food, great service, fair pricing, and a very pleasant atmosphere---Mario's Restaurant has everything. We have been to Mario's on several occasions with the last visit being on April 27, 2018. We STRONGLY recommend Mario's for a great all around dining experience.