“Beautiful Venue for a Special Family Wedding”

The Inn at Erlowest Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Inn at Erlowest Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 169 Restaurants in Lake George
Price range: US$20 - US$55
Cuisines: American, French, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Locally inspired farm to table cuisine located in a 19th century Queen Ann mansion on the shores of Lake George NY. Enjoy fine dining and eloquent lodging in 10 unique suites that match the style of the Inn.
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

What a spectacular venue! Our nephew had his wedding reception at The Erlowest this past weekend and everything was just perfect. The views from the ‘castle’ are beautiful and the cocktail hour on the patio was pleasant, relaxed and elegantly comfortable. Wait staff circulated with fried shrimp, chicken dumplings and other hot treats and there were two tables of toasted mixed nuts, fruit, vegetables beautifully displayed and cheeses and dips. Of course the bar was open and a table of champagne was available. As we moved into the huge ballroom, the setting was breathtaking with the beautiful chandeliers, large windows overlooking the lake, and the romantic candlelit table settings. Our meals were exceptional! A sweet squash soup and arugula salads were unusual and delicious. Warm rolls were perfect. Our table enjoyed steaks and chicken for entrees. The tender steaks were cooked just right and the stuffed chicken was yummy. Sides were a small scoop of creamy mashed potato, carrot and asparagus. Of course the wedding proceeded nicely with all the usual memorable moments. During the evening the waitstaff were attentive and unobtrusive, filling water glasses as needed and efficiently clearing dishes etc. It was a beautiful, special wedding that our family will remember for many years to come. The Erlowest is definitely a Lake George treasure and I’m so glad we got to participate in an event held there.

GM_Erlowest, General Manager at The Inn at Erlowest Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

We would like to congratulate you and your nephew on their recent marriage and thank you for selecting Erlowest to share the moment with you and your family. We appreciate the kind words regarding our service and food during the wedding cocktail hour and reception. The entire Erlowest team comes together to make each ballroom event special, so it is wonderful when the entire team is recognized for their effort.

We hope that you will be able to come back to Erlowest and Sun Castle Resort. Fall will be here before we know it and the mountain views with the fall foliage change is outstanding!

Frank Dittrich
GM, The Inn at Erlowest
and Sun Castle Resort

Reviewed 21 May 2018

Spectacular wedding venue. Excellent wait staff and food. Fabulous venue! Beautiful views of the lake.

GM_Erlowest, General Manager at The Inn at Erlowest Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience at The Inn at Erlowest! We are happy that you enjoyed our views of the lake and our service in the ball room! We hope that you will be able to come back and stay with us in the near future!

Thank you!

Frank Dittrich, GM
The Inn at Erlowest
518.668.5928

Reviewed 21 March 2018

We have been at the Inn at Erlowest for special occasions. This time we were celebrating my birthday and we were excited about our return visit. I knew something was wrong when my "Caesar salad" came out as a plate of wilted green floating in water with a sunnyside egg on top. Experimenting with a class can be okay--but there are limits. The sole stuffed with lobster was a tasteless roll of fish that could have come out of a box. It was inedible. When the waiter came to check if everything was great I told him the problem. He called the manager who was horrified at the feedback. She comped my meal and said that the chef and sous chef had left, with a new chef in place for only three months. The owner or manage of the Inn also came over. It seemed that mine wasn't the firs disappointing dining experience. I just hope that they can right the ship and return this restaurant to its former glory.

1  Thank mpiturro
GM_Erlowest, General Manager at The Inn at Erlowest Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Thank you for your feedback and my apologies for not responding earlier. We admittedly stumbled a bit earlier this year, but have made changes that we believe have addressed the issues that you experienced. I would like to invite you back to experience quality food, prepared with attention to detail and care. Please feel free to contract me at 518-668-5928 and ask for me referencing your experience.

With my apologies
Frank Dittrich, GM
The Inn at Erlowest
518-668-5928

Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

My wife and I have a phenomenal meal created my Chef Adam and our server Diana was describing every dish that we were served. The Chef even changed up the menu a bit to be appealing for my wife as she isn’t a huge seafood fan. I would highly recommend any meal created by Chef Adam

1  Thank George C

Thank you for choosing Erlowest. We are very happy that you enjoyed both your meal and your service! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 February 2018

My wife and I have been wanting to try this gem for years. It is stately and magnificent. We made our reservation on Open table and arrived 15 minutes early. We were pleasantly greeted and told we could wait in the bar. There were 3 other couples and I wanted a beer. They have 3 tap handles, all local brewer common roots. I asked what they were and were told an IPA, a Sour and the 3rd one doesn't work. So I glanced down at the beer cooler that was a glass display cooler and it was a disaster...Everything was turned around and things were mixed together so I asked if they had Adirondack brewery, which is brewed 2 miles away and amazing...He though so and rummaged around the mess some more, but no. Then I asked what that red label beer was that I couldn't quite tell, and it was Sam Oktoberfest. Great, I love it. Even being February and that season is long gone, I opted for it. The bartender was a nice gentleman and the other 3 couples were fun to talk to. So now our table is ready and the dining room is very nice. It is slow as we are one of tables in that room. Our server was pleasant, but seemed a little green at this price point. She was unsure of herself most of the night, and what happened next would test her a bit. Our meal started with my wife having the local harvest bisque. It was creamy and fantastic, but it was served with a teaspoon. It was a bit funny watching her take 350 teaspoons of soup to clear the bowl. Should have had a soup spoon. My appetizer was the gnocchi Bolognese and it was very nice. I ordered the grilled Cab NY strip with garlic sausage risotto and my wife ordered pan seared filet medallions. Now our steaks arrive and I needed to ask our server for steak knives. My steak ordered MR was cooked right, but the strip was sliced in 4 larger pieces and set atop my risotto. The strip, if sliced, perhaps should be on a bias, and at MR, it bled out all over the risotto. I am now convinced that it was sliced so they could make sure it was cooked correctly. The flavor and sauce was on point. My wifes tenderloins however, were well done. Both of them. The order called for MR. The was no sauce on the first try and they had to go back. At 42 dollars, it has to be right. Heck at 22 dollars it has to be right. So I am now eating alone. The refire is taking a bit longer than I know 2, 1/2 inch pieces of filet take. Her dish comes back out and the servers asks her to cut in to make sure its perfect. The first piece again is well done. The second piece is MW. She then asks what we want to do, and I insist that she take the 1 piece to show the chef. The other piece was eaten, and the sauce helped a little. Pan seared filets that are that thin take 60 seconds a side tops, for MR. These are basics and grill 101 stuff that should happen. She explained about a chef transition or something... Doesn't matter, as we each at alone and hers was sub standard. Now we just want to leave and ask for the check. Out comes a complimentary Crème Brulee. It was fine, but a little loose. Then 2 snifters if brandy that neither of us would touch. I still want my check please...There are 2 checks, one for $120 and ne with the filet removed for $79. My beer was not on the check on either one, so thanks I suppose. During this entire visit we were looking for someone in charge...Manager, leader or something. We never did identify that person, nor did we get a table visit, beyond the apology of our server. The entire dining experience was a disappointment. At the price point, things that happened were unforgivable, as there much better in the area. Training should not be an issue at this level...If you want to tout your high standards, you need to actually live them

2  Thank royalrider33

First my apologies for not responding to your review before now.

I apologize for the service point issues and the quality of our food temperatures. Please call the Inn and ask for me so I can make arrangements with you to correct a terrible experience that is not Erlowest.

With my apologies