1,094 results
All reviews putting green basketball court fire pit outdoor pool kids eat free chess set shuffle board dinner theater free ice cream restaurant staff hot tub mini golf third floor kids activities movie night pool towels off season
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

This was our second visit to this hotel. We had such a great experience the first time that it was no question we would stay here again. However I was a bit disappointed. We arrived minutes before 4 PM check-in and our room wasn’t ready. We only waited 10 minutes but that was just the beginning of our housekeeping nightmares. We stayed in a two room kid suite. My seven-year-old son found girls underwear under a bench. He found crayons and scraps of paper under their bunk bed. My kids would sometimes have snacks or lunch in the room at their tables and crumbs would get on the floor. Every day I checked and they were never vacuumed. We were a family of four and would only receive three towels two wash cloths and two hand towels. My husband would constantly go into the hall and tell housekeeping to please give us more towels and most of the time they refused. Even after telling them they were four people in our room! After the initial arrival we never received pool towels again. My husband had to go to the front and constantly ask for them! It wasn’t until the last night we were there housekeeping finally left four pool towels, four shower towels and four washcloths. (However, we noticed it was a new person.) Therefore my biggest problem was with our housekeeping, from the time we arrived!
Other than housekeeping the hotel is wonderful for a family. There are so many outdoor activities and activities the hotel provides that there was always something to do. From a free daily ice cream cart to movies and games. The free welcome lunch on certain days was excellent as well. We had breakfast vouchers but rarely had time to sit bec we had so many activities booked for the day on the lake. The staff never gave us a problem and allowed us to take a “to go” plate.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Courtney B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dear Jay S,

Thank you so much for choosing to return to our property. I am shocked to hear of these poor experiences during your stay with us. Our team works very hard to make sure each guest room is well maintained. I am so sorry for not meeting your expectations. It is unacceptable. We will take this feedback and improve upon any experience you encountered that was less than perfect. I am certainly always available to speak to if you would like to further discuss your experiences. The grounds and amenities offered throughout the resort are absolutely fabulous for families to enjoy. It truly is the perfect Lake George family destination. Rolling out the ice cream cart every day at 3:15pm and seeing those excited, smiling faces is what it is all about. Making memories! Our welcome receptions are a special way to not only welcome our guests, but, show them we appreciate them! I am so glad the restaurant staff was able to accommodate you so you could enjoy some lake time while visiting. Again, I am very sorry to hear of your experiences and please do not hesitate to reach out to me via email (cbaker@holidayinnrlg.com) or call the resort. I hope you give us a third try to show this second visit was an exception!

Best,

Reviewed 11 July 2018

the hotel was nice and convenient. We had a suite. IT was nice but the curtains leading to the balcony were dirty. The suite was roomy but housekeeping did the bare minimum each day and we stayed 6 nights. The pool was nice but could have been skimmed ad cleaned a bit better each morning since it received much use. Loved the fire pit and the view of the 4th of July fireworks. I would stay again for a day or two.

Room Tip: nice view from balcony but a bit overpriced
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

Dear micheles80,

I would like to sincerely apologize for any expectations we did not meet during your 6 night stay with us. Cleanliness is something our team truly prides themselves in. We will take this feedback to improve upon any shortfalls so that during your next stay with us, you will see this experience was an exception to our standards. The fire pit is the perfect spot in Lake George to watch the Thursday night fireworks! Amenities on site such as the fire pit do create a strong sense of value for our guests. I am glad to hear you will be returning and please feel free to reach out to me personally to book your next stay!

Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

My sister and I meet in lake george several times a year! This was our first time staying at the Holiday Inn Resort but definitely won't be our last...people were amazing, facilities were super cool, and the atmosphere was calming and relaxing! Can't wait for our next weekend trip... May make it last longer than a weekend!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Courtney B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2018

Dear Margaret K,

Weekend trips to Lake George are great getaways! Our resort staff is excellent in customer service. All of the amenities throughout the resort add to that special feel our property possesses. The atmosphere is unlike any other with a unique combination of professionalism and fun. We look forward to your next weekend getaway.

Best,

Reviewed 2 July 2018

We just returned from a 4-day stay in Lake George, our first trip to the area. Holiday Inn Resort is absolutely beautiful - immaculately clean, stunning views of the Lake and mountains from our suite on the 3rd floor (even the elevator is glass, so you never miss a chance to have a great view). There are lots of activities for the kids, a poolside reception on Mondays (with free drinks and food, and free ice cream at the pool every afternoon), poolside movies, poolside food and drink service (you can tell we loved the pool area and spent a lot of time there!). Our 2-bed queen suite was spacious and had great amenities, and the beds were the most comfortable I've ever slept in at a hotel. The staff is so helpful and friendly, as well. The restaurant was great and reasonably priced, and kids under 12 eat free. They were wonderful at handling my daughter's food allergy, and she was able to eat pretty much anything she wanted. We didn't want to leave, and we can't wait to return. This place is truly a gem, and we are planning to make a trip to Lake George and the Holiday Inn Resort a summer tradition from now on!

Room Tip: Suites on the third floor offer amazing views.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank kkramerromero

Dear kkramerromero,

The views for our hilltop resort are absolutely stunning. You can see beautiful Lake George as well as the Adirondack mountain landscape. The third floor suites have views that are just as wonderful as from the grounds. The pool area is the perfect place to spend your day relaxing with daily pool service so you do not even need to move from your spot when thirst and hunger arise! Our staff is genuinely friendly and always willing to provide the highest level of hospitality. The restaurant just rolled out a brand new menu with a lot of exciting new items! It is such a bonus that the kids eat for free off a menu offering all of their favorites. Our resort is certainly a family oriented destination in Lake George. We are thrilled to be your new summer tradition!

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

My wife and I spent a week at the Holiday Inn at Lake George, and were very impressed. The room and the hotel in general, was extraordinarily clean. We stayed in one of the suites, and it was spacious and comfortable - my wife even said she felt like she was at home there. The pool and grounds were beautiful, and there was a lot for people to do. The hotel is in a great location, with a beautiful view of the lake. Finally, the staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful, with several recommendations for things to do and places to eat nearby. When we return to Lake George, we will definitely be staying here again!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Chris T,

Thank you so much for your review! I am elated your week long stay was impressive. Our housekeeping team is on point with the highest levels of cleanliness. The lake view suites are perfect and do provide a "home away from home" feel. I am so glad you and your wife enjoyed it. The lake views from the resort grounds are breathtaking. Staff throughout the resort provide great resort service to each guest. We are excited you will be returning!