Lowest prices for your stay
US$189
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.comUS$189
PricelineUS$189
TravelocityUS$189
All reviews cinnamon buns newer hotel night stay clean hotel checking out lobby winston shampoo trail
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 September 2021 via mobile

Wonderful! Clean, friendly. Had everything you need. If you stay, I recommend the nearby Mexican cantina. Special shout outs to Winston and Lauren who went above and beyond. Nice pool. The nearby Ashokan Resevoir trail was fabulous. Superb breakfast.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank NewHampshirePeppie
Reviewed 24 July 2021

Loved the room, bed, full length mirror, closet, drawers and bathroom. Water pressure was minimal as usual and because I was in a hearing impaired room, a light kept flashing all night. Also, I was by the elevators so I heard the doors open and close. You will also here the train whistle at night, but otherwise I would stay there again. I use white noise at night to sleep so I was okay.

Room tip: Away from the elevator doors.
Date of stay: July 2021
Reviewed 29 June 2021 via mobile

We stayed recently for a 1 night stay. Checkin was a breeze and staff were kind. If you are part of the IHG rewards program and are staying more than2 nights, if you skip housekeeping they deposit points in your account.
On to the hotel. It appeared to be recently updated which is nice. The room included a built in shelf for a suitcase. The room was clean. The bathroom had the shampoo/conditioning/body wash pumps in the shower.
Breakfast- here was a line to get your omelette and says safe that a staff would grab for you out of steam Ian’s and place in to go boxes.
One thing I never thought of to look at before we stayed- trains. You can see them from your room. And the whistles keep going off. Even as a mid tier rewards person, they put us on the back side where the tracks were. We got very little sleep in the morning.

Room tip: Avoid a room on the back side of the hotel
Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Laurarobin
Reviewed 21 April 2021 via mobile

The hotel is nice, clean, modern and in pretty good condition. The staff were pleasant. Good adherence to Covid preventative measures. The location is marginal. The hotel is not very soundproof. Guests were loud, caused a ruckus. Could smell pot smoke strongly in our room though, through vents or something. Police ended up at hotel in the morning, for reasons unknown, likely to do with the angry screaming woman who interrupted our slumber.
Overall below par experience.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Holiday Inn Express Kingston NY, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kingston-Ulster, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2021

Purplevortex,
Please except my sincere apologies on behalf of the loud guests. I am glad you found our hotel clean and our staff nice. Those are the two most important factors to me, but I am sad that your experience was below par due to unruly guests. We hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 22 March 2021 via mobile

Clean place, but I do not recommend:

Although this is a new hotel, the service was terrible. We checked in, and getting ready to unwind for the evening we realized there were no cups, coffee, or other amenities expected for basic stay. We called the front desk, who said we had to come down and get it. already in our pajamas and getting ready for bed, I asked can’t they bring it up? They said no ,only one attendant on duty.
In addition, they provided one small bar of soap for us to share, no blow dryer ,shower caps ,lotion.
In the morning the front desk asked how our stay was, we told them. Response was they explain that to everybody as they check in because of COVID-19. I said no one explained it to us ,and if they did we would’ve asked for the cups and coffee then.
Lastly, the beds were very uncomfortable.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Holiday Inn Express Kingston NY, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kingston-Ulster, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2021

Thank you for your review. Please accept my sincere apologies in not meeting your expectations. Please know this is not our norm. We would love to have you back and show our True Hospitality. Safe travels!