“Hidden Gem”

Lamplight Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Lake Luzerne B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I came up for the weekend and we were greeted by the sweetest nicest couple. I felt like I was staying at a relative's house because we were treated like family. Place is beautiful, location perfect and the rooms are so pretty. I'm going back!

• Stayed: June 2014
LinsInnNY, Owner at Lamplight Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

You were so friendly and nice, and you did feel like family. I love that! Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon and we honestly cannot think of any way this beautiful place could have improved! The breakfasts were delicious and the room was immaculate. We especially loved the friendly atmosphere and the mischievous little bear in our room that seemed to always find something to get in to while we were away :)

• Stayed: June 2014

Those room bears do get in trouble when you are away from the room. Glad you had a good time at the Inn for your honeymoon, Hope to see you on your 1st anniversary.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We looked at many B and B's in the Adirondacks, this came out at the top of our list. It was far enough away from the busy-ness of Lake George and close enough to go there for dinner and shopping ( and some great ice cream right across from the Great Escape!). We stayed 2 days for our 22nd anniversary and away from our 3 beautiful but extremely needy children. It was even a blessing that the cell phone didn't get much reception. The house and the grounds are very well kept, I can tell that Linda and Gene truly have a passion for their life's work. It was very relaxing, we went for a walk in the woods behind the house and it just smelled like the Adirondacks.....and that is one of the best aromas on Gods green earth. The 2 things I will take away are the heavenly time I had with my beautiful bride and the BLUEBERRY SCONES.....mmmmmmmmmmmm!

Room Tip: The house behind the main house was very quiet and very clean.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write to Trip Advisor. We are really glad to make your
getaway romantic and relaxing. Hope to see you again. Martha's Ice Cream is across the
road from Six Flags/Great Escape and it is gooooood!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Lamplight Inn while attending class at the nearby Adirondack Folk School and had a great experience. Hosts Linda and Gene have just the right temperament, and their experience shows in their attention to detail.

Linda stayed in touch with us before our arrival, and check-in answered all our questions. Our room (the Lilac Room at the back of the main house) was enormous and just spotless. Both the common areas and our room were well-maintained, despite the age of the house. It's obvious the owners put a lot of money and effort into keeping the house and property at its best. Furniture and bedding were comfortable, and all the little amenities added to our stay.

And then there's breakfast. We've never stayed at a B&B with A MENU for breakfast! There's something to suit every taste, and food is prepared quickly with a professional presentation. Here's a tip: No matter what you're having for breakfast, be sure to at least try a small bowl of Linda's homemade granola.

Other staff at the Inn were also professional and courteous, particularly Sally and Cindy.

The Inn's location in the Adirondacks is an ideal starting point for many other towns, but quiet Lake Luzerne is a great place to come back to at the end of the day. And the Lamplight Inn is the right place to come back to. We'll definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Light sleepers should choose a room at the back of the house. Treat yourself to a jacuzzi suite i...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
LinsInnNY, Owner at Lamplight Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thank you for the review. I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Being the only couple not on motorcycle during your stay, you guys were easy and just having a good time. After a weekend of classes at the Adirondack Folk School, I am sure you have a whole new appreciation for blacksmithing. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

From pulling up to this beautiful place to the day we left... Amazing time and location. As clean as you could ask for. Old world charm to remember. The staff was so kind and friendly and accommodating you felt like it was family even if it was your first visit (which it was for us). Gourmet chef prepared daily specials for breakfast or choose from the menu. I opted for the special everyday and it was incredible. They even agreed to make us eggs Benedict which wasn't even on the menu. The homemade bread (different each day) waited patiently at your breakfast table for you every morning. Nightly gatherings on the front porch with fellow visitors and owners made it even more inviting. This was my first time in the Adirondacks and it made me angry that I hadn't been there before. I have already booked again for same time next year. You will not be disappointed. Gene and Linda (owners) are so friendly and will do whatever it takes to make you feel comfortable.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Carriage House. The room was huge and had a Jacuzzi tub in each room (not the slea...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the wonderful review. I really think we had the all time best Americade group in the Inn this year. Everyone was just so friendly and really enjoyed being at the Lamplight and with the other Americaders. Of course the 5 stupendous weather days didn't hurt. We look forward to next year.