All reviews carriage house lake george the main house saratoga suite gas fireplace wrap around porch home fries victoria room highly recommend this b b canopy bed fresh fruit homemade breakfast breakfast was amazing white birch saratoga springs great hosts each morning
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon and we honestly cannot think of any way this beautiful place could have improved! The breakfasts were delicious and the room was immaculate. We especially loved the friendly atmosphere and the mischievous little bear in our room that seemed to always find something to get in to while we were away :)

• Stayed: June 2014
LinsInnNY, Owner at Lamplight Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Those room bears do get in trouble when you are away from the room. Glad you had a good time at the Inn for your honeymoon, Hope to see you on your 1st anniversary.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We looked at many B and B's in the Adirondacks, this came out at the top of our list. It was far enough away from the busy-ness of Lake George and close enough to go there for dinner and shopping ( and some great ice cream right across from the Great Escape!). We stayed 2 days for our 22nd anniversary and away from our 3 beautiful but extremely needy children. It was even a blessing that the cell phone didn't get much reception. The house and the grounds are very well kept, I can tell that Linda and Gene truly have a passion for their life's work. It was very relaxing, we went for a walk in the woods behind the house and it just smelled like the Adirondacks.....and that is one of the best aromas on Gods green earth. The 2 things I will take away are the heavenly time I had with my beautiful bride and the BLUEBERRY SCONES.....mmmmmmmmmmmm!

Room Tip: The house behind the main house was very quiet and very clean.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write to Trip Advisor. We are really glad to make your
getaway romantic and relaxing. Hope to see you again. Martha's Ice Cream is across the
road from Six Flags/Great Escape and it is gooooood!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Lamplight Inn while attending class at the nearby Adirondack Folk School and had a great experience. Hosts Linda and Gene have just the right temperament, and their experience shows in their attention to detail.

Linda stayed in touch with us before our arrival, and check-in answered all our questions. Our room (the Lilac Room at the back of the main house) was enormous and just spotless. Both the common areas and our room were well-maintained, despite the age of the house. It's obvious the owners put a lot of money and effort into keeping the house and property at its best. Furniture and bedding were comfortable, and all the little amenities added to our stay.

And then there's breakfast. We've never stayed at a B&B with A MENU for breakfast! There's something to suit every taste, and food is prepared quickly with a professional presentation. Here's a tip: No matter what you're having for breakfast, be sure to at least try a small bowl of Linda's homemade granola.

Other staff at the Inn were also professional and courteous, particularly Sally and Cindy.

The Inn's location in the Adirondacks is an ideal starting point for many other towns, but quiet Lake Luzerne is a great place to come back to at the end of the day. And the Lamplight Inn is the right place to come back to. We'll definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Light sleepers should choose a room at the back of the house. Treat yourself to a jacuzzi suite in cooler weather.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
LinsInnNY, Owner at Lamplight Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thank you for the review. I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Being the only couple not on motorcycle during your stay, you guys were easy and just having a good time. After a weekend of classes at the Adirondack Folk School, I am sure you have a whole new appreciation for blacksmithing. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

From pulling up to this beautiful place to the day we left... Amazing time and location. As clean as you could ask for. Old world charm to remember. The staff was so kind and friendly and accommodating you felt like it was family even if it was your first visit (which it was for us). Gourmet chef prepared daily specials for breakfast or choose from the menu. I opted for the special everyday and it was incredible. They even agreed to make us eggs Benedict which wasn't even on the menu. The homemade bread (different each day) waited patiently at your breakfast table for you every morning. Nightly gatherings on the front porch with fellow visitors and owners made it even more inviting. This was my first time in the Adirondacks and it made me angry that I hadn't been there before. I have already booked again for same time next year. You will not be disappointed. Gene and Linda (owners) are so friendly and will do whatever it takes to make you feel comfortable.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Carriage House. The room was huge and had a Jacuzzi tub in each room (not the sleazy kind either). There is a fridge and snack table as you walk through the old huge front door that is stocked with water/soda/chips and such (honor system).
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the wonderful review. I really think we had the all time best Americade group in the Inn this year. Everyone was just so friendly and really enjoyed being at the Lamplight and with the other Americaders. Of course the 5 stupendous weather days didn't hurt. We look forward to next year.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Hello, how is everyone?
I planned a surprise birthday for my husband of 1 year. He drove but didnt find out where we were going until we arrived.
Staying at this Inn reminded me that there is more to NY than Times Square 42nd street or 5th Avenue. It was absolutely beautiful from before we even arrived. Gene and Linda are so professional and helped make the checking in process run so smooth. We stayed in the Canopy room. It is so beautiful with the fireplace and nice canopy style bed. Everything is super super clean, neat and warm in the Inn. Breakfast was exceptional. The various choices of omelets, bread, waffles, homemade granola, fruits, juice and coffee... Sally and Linda are so sweet!!! I informed them that I am gluten-intolerant last minute and Sally; our sweet waitress; made the extra effort to go out and purchase gluten free rolls, bread and pasta (for the Saturday dinner). This is the trait of a genuinely caring, sweet, lovely and nice person. Gene and Linda are so hardworking also, they stayed up all Saturday night cooking and serving us until the last table left. I will say that you can go there with your eyes closed, your stomach empty and your heart open. Trust and believe that you wont want to leave and will want to revisit again and again and again!!! I know I will!!!
Thank you so much to Gene, Linda, Sally and the entire Lamplight Inn staff.
With love from Downstate NY (Harlem, NYC)
Fabrice and Nurriddeenah

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
LinsInnNY, Owner at Lamplight Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Thank you for the kind words. We are so happy that we made your husband's birthday special.
Sally is a gem, our right hand person for the last 19 years. She will do her best to make a guest
happy. This past year, we have received a lot of gluten free requests, so now I always have my gluten free bread made and ready for guest breakfast. We hope to see you again.