US$253
US$234
Hotels.com
The Elms Waterfront Cottages(Lake Luzerne)(Great Value!)
US$315
US$99
US$84
  • Pool
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$106/night.

US$169
Country Inn
Clarion Inn & Suites(Lake George)(Great Value!)
US$123
Luzerne Court(Lake Luzerne)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscarriage houselake georgethe main houseromantic getawaywrap around porchgas fireplacehome friesrose roomvictoria roomhighly recommend this b bwonderful hostscanopy bedfresh fruitsaratoga springswhite birchwonderful weekendceiling fan
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

The rooms of Lamplight Inn are quaint and well-kept! They are clean and very comfortable. I appreciated all the little touches, and the exceptional cleaning staff who maintained our room. We were in the evergreen room.

Breakfasts are served until 9:30am, thank goodness, since me and my husband are later risers. Rich with delicious options and good service! You will not leave hungry.

There is also a lovely living room area for the evening if you want to play scrabble or hang out.

While the town is lovely to walk around, you will need a car to travel to the surrounding areas and food options.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
LinsInnNY, Owner at Lamplight Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Thank you! I am really glad you liked your stay at the Inn. You are definitely better off eating breakfast at 9:30 am. A lot less hectic too. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Just got back from a weekend stay at the Lamplight. Can't say enough about it.. We actually had been there many years before, life got in the way, and hadn't been back in about 13 years. It was just as amazing as we had remembered, if not more so. Linda and Gene, the owners, are so warm and friendly. Sally, who works there, is a hoot, and so much fun. We stayed in the White Birch suite, which was lovely. Jacuzzi, gas fireplace... what's not to like? Room was spotless.. so enjoyable. Breakfasts.. holy smokes are they delicious. Everything was so fresh, and all the breads are homemade by Linda. I wanted all the recipes! Such attention to detail, right down to all the beautiful fall decorations around the inn, as well as on your breakfast table! Fresh flowers and little scarecrows! Just perfect. I will tell you this.. not waiting as long to return to the Lamplight Inn again. If you go, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Wow! Thank you very much. We try our best to make our guest's stay memorable. Fall is a beautiful time in the Adirondacks to decorate the Inn with mums and corn husks and scarecrows. So much fun!!

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Our stay at the Lamplight was an enjoyable long weekend in their Canopy/Garden Room. The Canopy Room, I believe, is their own room with the bathroom unattached to the room, and instead located directly across the hall. This is never my favorite, but the lack of ensuite was made very clear before booking and was no inconvenience. Both the room and bathroom were very clean, quaint, and comfortable.

However, the parts of the Lamplight that I enjoyed the most were outside of the room. First, the breakfast served 8:30-9:30 was truly excellent. Over the course of the weekend, I had nicely cooked eggs, great blueberry pancakes, and Gene's famous home fries

For a rainy afternoon or quiet evening, there is a nice selection of puzzles and books to choose from. Finally, both of the proprietors, Gene and Linda, were very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
LinsInnNY, Owner at Lamplight Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review the Lamplight. First, thank you for loving our breakfast. We work hard and spare no expense for the breakfast. Yes, the Garden Room was once the Canopy. We recently changed the name when we took off the Canopy. Sorry for the confusion. The bedroom is the only room with a private bath outside the bedroom. Believe me, we tried every which way to put the bathroom inside without a major lathe and plaster construction. The room is one of the 3 original 1890 rooms. It has it's own beauty with the beautiful carved oak mantle and original hearth tile. Hard for us to cut into the size of the room for a bathroom.
PS: We do not live in any of our rental rooms...we have our own space.
Hope you visit again, and if booking early enough we can give you one of the 12 bedrooms with an ensuite bathroom.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I realized a few weeks before Labor Day that we both had a full three day weekend, and decided we wanted to get out of the city. I was surprised that Lamplight Inn still had openings so close to the holiday weekend (and that made me skeptical), but we went ahead and booked our weekend. We LOVED it! Our room (the Coral) was small but just what we needed- plus the staff did a wonderful job of cleaning every day we were there. The breakfast was great! We had a choice of eggs anyway, or the "special" which was a Belgian waffle, French toast, or pancakes on the three mornings we were there. Plus there was a delicious yogurt parfait buffet. I also loved the location. It was a 10-15 min drive from Lake George- close enough that it was easy to go a few times during the weekend, but far away enough that we weren't in the middle of crowds. I would highly recommend this place for anyone looking for a weekend getaway outside of the city, close to Lake George.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
LinsInnNY, Owner at Lamplight Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Thank you! I'm glad you decided to stay with us. The Coral Room is an original bedroom and gives a true taste of "Bed and Breakfast", but yet a lot of our repeat guests like that cozy feeling.
Labor Day Weekend books up differently than other summer weekends. Many wait for the weather report to decide. Although we had some rain over the weekend, we had such a great group of guests who enjoyed the great room with puzzles and games all day. Of course, we kept everyone well fed at breakfast.
Hope to see you again!

Reviewed 6 September 2017

My husband and I stayed for the first time this past weekend and will absolutely be back! It truly feels like family. Gene and Linda are a delight, the breakfast was comforting and delicious, and the overall feel of the place made for a perfect weekend.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

We are really happy you enjoyed your stay with us and that you felt so comfortable at the Inn. It is important to us to make our guests feel like friends and family.