All reviews great location coffee and donuts microwave and mini fridge an older hotel within walking distance basic room two night stay heating system hotel is situated sitting room lake hairdryer game
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Needed a hotel during president week for one night and the Summit met our needs.
The room was basic but clean and had a comfortable bed and was below market rates.
Near our favorite restaurants, with parking.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank frank51h
LPSummit H, Manager at Lake Placid Summit Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Stayed 1 night in January during the qualifying for Olympics jumping. The hotel is fine, not luxurious at all. Room had a weird layout but was comfortable. The bathroom left a lot to be desired. Hot water took forever. Shower was terrible. If you’re looking for a comfortable bed though, this is your place. As far as ski town hotels go, it wasn’t bad.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
LPSummit H, Manager at Lake Placid Summit Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I really appreciate the feedback. I am looking into the issues you experienced. When you make reservations for your next visit to Lake Placid, please ask for Robin and I will make sure you receive one of our newly renovated Lakeview rooms, providing their is space availability for the dates you are looking for. Thanks again for your time and I look forward to seeing you on your next stay.

Reviewed 1 January 2018

This hotel is in a great spot for exploring the local area and it is right at the end of the main road with the shops/restaurants in Lake Placid. The rooms are a little dated however and could do with some modernisation.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
LPSummit H, Manager at Lake Placid Summit Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I certainly appreciate the feedback.
I am glad you enjoyed your recent stay. We are in the process of doing more improvements to our guest rooms. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Lake Placid.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

Check in was smooth and we were greeted by the friendly front desk staff. I requested a lake view room and the manager was able to accommodate us for no extra cost which was great. We got to our room and found everything in order, although dated we had plenty of towels, soap etc. We went into town and came back a few hours later to take showers and there was no hot water. We called the front desk who sent maintenance to our room. They ended up having to hit the reset button on the hot water heater in the basement and we waited about 20 minutes and then had hot water. It was not a big deal but it happened again the following night and the 3rd night we actually had to shower in a different room. I understand things happen so I cant fault the staff for the hot water heater issue but it seems to be an ongoing problem so the owners should really look into a permanent repair. The wifi only worked in the lobby (our room was 2nd floor), also seems to be an ongoing problem. Vending machines were poorly stocked,overall appearance of hotel was slightly rundown (carpet stains, marks on walls, worn out) and there is not enough parking spaces for the # rooms. My point is that for $200+ per night things should be a little bit better than this. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
ROBIN S, Manager at Lake Placid Summit Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

I am very sorry you had an unpleasant recent stay. We are in the process of completing more renovations at the hotel and are making improvements to our hotel hot water system. We are also installing a brand new guest wifi system starting on December 20, 2017. Thanks again for taking the time to write a review and all feedback is much appreciated so we can better serve our guests.

Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for a hockey tournament, you can’t beat the location, right downtown. We were told checking in that they were renovating rooms and their WiFi was being updated. WiFi didn’t work well in the room but better in the lobby. Our room looked like it was partially renovated: beds were clean and comfortable and bathroom updated. Room smelled like it had been recently painted, but paint job was shoddy (drips, one coat, it looked rushed). The bathroom was semi finished looking: beautiful shower, sink and mirrors, but flooring was scratched up marble, light fixture was dated, and trim not finished. The ceiling in the room was a drop ceiling with rust stains. The heating system was old and the curtains covered the heating vent and the curtains that covered it were black with mold, ewww. I hope they continue to renovate the rooms entirely and not just touch up here and there. The renovations are a great start, don’t stop now!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jason S

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for providing feedback from your recent stay. We are in the process of completing more renovations at the hotel. We do have some renovated rooms on our 3rd floor with beautiful Lake and Mountain views. I do apologize for any issues you would of experienced with our wifi system. We are installing a brand new guest wifi system the week of December 20, 2017.

If you phone the property direct next time and ask for myself, I would be happy to make your room reservation and assign you a renovated lakeview room, subject to space availability. Thank you for your past stay and I look forward to seeing you again in the future.