“The Ganson House Restarurant”
Review of The Ganson House - CLOSED

The Ganson House
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Overall - we LOVE this restaurant. The restaurant is not large, and can get a little noisy if crowded but in general, atmosphere is great. Bar prices are typical of a better restaurant, a little on the high side...and if you order wine, expect the typical "half glass". The food on the regular menu is decently priced, although specials can get up there, but portions are very generous - its unusal if you don't take some leftovers home! We've been as a couple or with family and have never had bad service. You're never rushed and pace is relaxed. I would definitely suggest this restaurant to anyone.

1  Thank DebD56

Reviewed 13 May 2012

We have eaten here many times and the food is always good to fantastic on certain nights. The decor is good and the service is outstanding if you get the right waitress, but if you dont the service is just par. A little pricey even with their specials. The bar and Restaurant are small so be aware that private conversation is hard to do over dinner and the bar noise is always a problem during a romantic dinner. I recommend but pick your night...stay away on fridays as they are waaaayy to busy.

Reviewed 11 March 2012

So we have been to the Ganson House a couple times before. Last time the food was great minus the dessert. I ordered the creme brulee and was warned by the waitress that it was pre-made at the restaurant but was stored in the fridge so the sugar that should have been crunchy was not. Even still it was pretty good.

So on to last night, everything was great until we spotted the bartender in the kitchen smoking. She was trying to be sneaky but the kitchen is open and we had no problem watching her. Next, one of the wait staff's parents were dining behind us and she felt the need to put her foot on my girl friends bench(we were in a booth) and pretty much talk right over her head. Then leaned on our table. Luckily for her a gentleman at the bar noticed and came and removed her to the kitchen. Where he decided it was time for a smoke and proceeded to smoke in the kitchen as well.

So I'm giving this place a three and currently have no plans of going back. I'm very disappointed in last night. I had held the place up to higher standards than this!

Reviewed 24 February 2012

Started going to Ganson when our other place got to expensive
Been with my wife and my son and daughter-in-law at least
once a month since Sept. 2011
Friday fish and fish specials always fresh
Saturday specials top notch
Stuffed haddock my favorite along with Jambalaya
My wife and daughter-in-law rave about sea food
My son loves bone in rib eye and tender loin tips.
A get bang for your buck and the old station
setting is great

Reviewed 22 August 2011

We usually eat at another place in Le Roy but decided to try the Ganson House. It looked very inviting with an outdoor patio and warmly decorated indoors. No one was eating on the patio the night we stopped but the humidity was high and we chose indoor seating as well. The hostess and servers were very pleasant and accomodating. Some of us ordered iced tea at $2.00 per glass (pretty standard), but were surprised how small the glasses were when it was served. Soon we learned that there were no refills on the iced tea! The menu was limited with no vegan entree and a bit on the pricey side. No menu options if you have a light appetite either. None of the steaks came cooked as ordered and had to be sent back to the kitchen. Portions were huge, so many travelers would have to trash a far amount of food. If you have a hearty appetite and deep pockets this place is for you. If not, pass this one by.