US$179
US$299
US$290
US$219
US$212
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 August 2017

My wife and I left after work on a Friday evening for a weekend backpacking in the Catskills. Since we just needed a bed for the night before we hit the trail, we didn't want to spend a lot.

Budget Inn in Liberty, NY met our needs.

If you want a big room, big bathroom and nice nightstands... go ahead, spend twice as much or more to get a Friday night room at a more upscale hotel. If you need a night's sleep on the way to somewhere else and want to save a few bucks, stay here.

The family that owns and operates this place are very friendly and pleasant. We forgot something in the room when we left and had to return a little while later. When we pulled up, the grandfather (we assumed) was rocking a small child in his arms in the parking lot. He was more than happy to help us retrieve what we had forgot.

I hope that as business improves that they can update the exterior and make it more inviting from the road.

Many years ago, this may have been THE place to stay in Liberty. Not so much anymore... but the rooms were absolutely clean, everything worked, HDTV and Internet and it was convenient and affordable. If we need a room for the night in the Catskill region on the way to the mountains, we will forgo the expensive upscale hotel and stay here.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
YogeP, Manager at Budget Inn Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

We greatly appreciate for taking a time to do review.

Reviewed 17 December 2016

I am not sure what others expectations are for a place called(hint here) Budget Hotel, but my husband and myself were very pleased with the clean, basic, comfortable room we found here. In fact, so much so, I stayed here alone a few weeks later on business. The pluses: Beds- comfortable, fresh sheets, clean, 2 pillows, 3 if you ask. TV- new, HDTV's with cable, and large selection of channels, not difficult to figure out if you own one at home, and you have half a brain. WiFi- Excellent, hi-speed, better, in fact, than what I have had in many hotels that have charged twice what I paid for this room, only to find their WiFi dropped constantly. Not here- they give you a password, but it connects immediately, and every time after that, even with a filled hotel. Now that's a Big deal if you are a business traveler, such as myself, and have been endlessly frustrated by this. In Liberty, I have stayed at 3 other hotels in the area, only to have No WiFI able to connect properly, or maintain connectivity for long in at least 2/3. Also, each room has a frig and microwave , all work just fine. A small, typical hotel table with 2 chairs, and nightstand.
Quiet, despite hotel being full both times I was there. Great Central location, right off exit 100 on Rt 17, exactly between old and newer Liberty, so you are right to one's left- by restaurants, Dunkin, liquor stores, a Shop Rite,Chinese/ Pizza, fast food chains and better eating places, then to your right, the older, more quaint part of Liberty. Gas station right next door. Plus, service was attentive and courteous, family owned and run management so honest that when we left behind a Galaxie Tablet, owners found it, contacted us, and kept it safe until I could pick it up after my work assignment upstate, almost a week later. That is more important to me than fancy, updated rooms. Yes, this is an older hotel, probably from the days in the 60's when Liberty was part of the famous Borcht Belt, and attracted many thousands of tourists each summer. This hotel, and others like it, offered an affordable alternative to the Grossingers and Browns high $$. It suited our needs just fine, I will now only go here when I travel (frequently) to Liberty. But please, don't say I didn't warn you before you go to one of the Other, more expensive places, only to find you have no WiFi, or crappie TV, or dishonest mgt who deny you left your phone, tablet, etc. We all have choices, I've know where I'm staying- right here at Budget.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank 56Megan39
YogeP, Manager at Budget Inn Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2017

Hello 56Megan39,

Thank you so much for doing detail review on the Trip Advisor. It is such a pleasure to hear all was well during your stay with us.

Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

This motel had clean rooms, fresh bedding & towels and the cable TV & wifi functioned well.

Almost everything else was negative. The rooms, hallways, and stairs look like haven't been refurbished in decades.

I chose this motel based on price and because it was the second of three choices. It was a big mistake.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
YogeP, Manager at Budget Inn Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2016

Hello,

Thank you very much for providing feed back on the trip advisor. We are happy to hear that you are satisfy with our service. On your other comments, we are currently working to upgrading The Budget Inn.

Reviewed 10 October 2016

Easy for call-ahead late check in; good price at the time was total of $67. Very nice staff. Parking was available.

Outdated room. Heat and toilet worked; shower/tub had drip. Only amenities in bathroom were two small soaps, two packets of shampoo, one roll of toilet paper, one plastic cup, two hand towels, and two washcloths.

Alleyway, stairway, entryway to room creepy especially at night and would not be good during winter weather nor with more than overnight luggage. Can hear sound from other rooms, outside, and roadway but fairly quiet at night.

Microwave and decent small refrig. One tiny nightstand between 2 beds, not easy to access from either bed. One outlet near bathroom; outlet near air conditioner could only be used without a table or with curtain open.

Two beds had each 2 pillows, clean bottom & top sheets, and polyester bedspreads. Television had no instructions but were able to get news on channel 3 in the morning.

Room Tip: first floor rooms have king beds; if need more than one bed then must go upstairs
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business

Hello Alice,

Thank you very much for your detail comments on the Trip Advisor. We are currently working on to upgrade The Budget Inn.

Reviewed 6 November 2015

The room and access to the room was completely misrepresented as were the pictures and reviews online. Room was old, dirty and dated. They charged my card a cancellation fee after I cancelled upon inspecting the room and the 7 steps upstairs I was told took us right to the room; was actually a steep rickety staircase. Old and creaky building in Serious need of updating. Fraudulent operators that will tell you anything to secure a booking.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business