“Graduation weekend stay”

Fairfield Inn Syracuse Clay
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

We booked 2 rooms for our family of 5. Clean, comfortable rooms and hotel with friendly staff. A special thanks to Megan at the front desk, and Judy at breakfast. They both love what they do, and it shows. Nice selection at breakfast with fresh fruits, oatmeal, eggs. Coffee is available throughout the day, and Megan even made us a fresh pot with a batch of hot cookies! Convenient location with plenty of eating options close by. Nice walking path around the premises with flowering trees.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 19 May 2017

Simminikhil,

We know that there is a plethora of hotels to choose from in the Syracuse area and we appreciate you choosing our hotel during Graduation weekend! You are certainly correct that Megan and Judy enjoy their jobs and they are proud to express it each day. We are lucky to have them on our team, consistently going above and beyond!

Christine Kuczynski
christine.kuczynski@pillarhotels.com

Reviewed 13 April 2017

This facility was a great disappointment for a host of reasons:

1. There are no ice machines on the floors.

2. There is only one plug at the desk creating an inconvenience that you cannot charge your cell phone and laptop at the same time. My wife was with me adding a third appliance; her iPhone.

3. The facility is hard to find. It is behind a shopping center. I had to call (from the front of the shopping center) to locate the hotel.

4. The TV is small, even for cheaper hotels.

5. The work table has a worn appearance at the edges.

6. A single light switch in the bathroom turned on the light and a noisy fan.

7. It was April, but the clock in the room was not set to Daylight Saving Time. This may be the pièce de résistance. It demonstrates management did not care.

Considering I drove 12 miles out of my way to choose a Marriott, it was a great disappointment.

I am typing this after being at the hotel for only a half hour. I am sure other issues will come up, but what has been said is sufficient that I will not return to this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Christine K, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Syracuse Clay, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. It seems as though our hotel was not the ideal fit for you during your time in Syracuse. Our hotel does offer the ice machine on the first floor in our vending area. I do apologize that it was hard to find our hotel as we do have a shopping center next door and the Applebees out front. I would be happy to discuss this further if you would like to reach out. You can call me at 315-622-2575 or email at Christine.kuczynski@pillarhotels.com. I hope to hear from you.

Christine Kuczynski
Fairfield Inn
Syracuse Clay

Reviewed 11 April 2017

I needed a hotel for a few nights that was close to my business assignment. My room was clean and comfortable, with no musty smell that some hotels seem to have. The only thing I didn't realize it wouldn't have when I booked was a refrigerator. I like having a fridge because I make my lunch for my workday and need a place to store the food I've brought, or to store any dinner leftovers. That was minor, however, and the friendly staff and clean room made up for that!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 March 2017

My spouse and I spent a night here while visiting my brother and sister in law for a date night. In my opinion for an Inn type hotel the property is priced low. It costs around $100 a night before taxes. With that being said the hotel is out dated and need of a remodel, but at the price point I don't expect this Fairfield Inn to be brand new or newly remodeled.

Staff were nice. Bed was comfortable and east to sleep on. Room was very spacious with a living room area, mini fridge with freezer, and microwave. So, it would be a good place to stay for a longer trip. The night I stayed there were a good amount of families there. Which caused us to wake up earlier than we wanted, for you can hear kids screaming and running up and down the halls in the bed area of room.

The hotel does offer fresh cookies and mints at the front desk throughout the day. Also, it has a fresh lemon water station and coffee station through out the day. These are nice additions for not all in type hotels offer this.

My only complaint was the breakfast. This issue can be a normal issue across inn type hotels though. We went to breakfast at Nine AM (on weekends time is 7 am to 10 am). There were a lot of families at breakfast at this time. The staff working breakfast did a good job having food out at this time. However, the eggs and sausage that were out were disgusting, and I couldn't eat it. They were just cooked to warmth. The hotel does have oatmeal, yogurt, breads, and fresh fruit. Also, a waffle maker, but due to the number of people it was in use or out of batter while I dined. I tried making a breakfast sandwich, but only took a bite due to quality of eggs ad sausage, and I ended up having a yogurt. Also, the breakfast area is small, and can be tight getting around people.

If it wasn't for breakfast issue I'd give this hotel a 5. I would come back in the future, but since there are so many hotels in the area that I like a lot more they'd have to be sold out or way more expensive for me to come back.

Room Tip: I always go for a high floor away from elevators, so there is less noise due to people not being abo...