“AMAZING VIEWS”
Review of Ravel Hotel

Ravel Hotel
Ranked #21 of 34 Hotels in Long Island City
Reviewed 25 July 2017

I booked the Ravel Hotel, after deciding I wanted to take my Husband to the Penthouse 808 restaurant for his birthday and as I got a good deal I thought why not! Our room was awesome, we had a balcony on the river side and had an amazing view of the East River. As our room was below the restaurant/club, we got a bit of noise, but it wasn't that bad, it was loud on the balcony, but not in our room. We had a small issue with some clothing getting damaged at the restaurant (long story) but when we mentioned it at check-out the reception staff took the clothing from us and are having it cleaned and returned to us. No fuss, not even a raised eyebrow, love them for dealing with what could have been a major issue so easily. The whole hotel was lovely and we really enjoyed our one night here and we will be back again.

Room Tip: The noise from the club didn't bother us, don't choose to be on the 4th floor if the noise f...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
RavelGM, General Manager at Ravel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2017

Dear Claire,
From Britain to New York City’s Midtown to The Heart of Long Island City’s Riviera, we are moved that we were able to instill an everlasting impression on you. We were absolutely honored to have had your husband and you celebrate his birthday with us and my staff and I thoroughly enjoyed our interactions. We cannot wait to welcome you back many more times back to The Ravel to celebrate more of your joyous occasions with us. We will continue to strive to deliver the pinnacle of service in every aspect and make sure that you leave with a plethora of memorable stories.

General Manger

Reviewed 30 June 2017

I saw a review for the newly opened rooftop bar on TimeOut New York, so decided to give it a try. The space is excellent - large, lots of places to sit and relax, and with a pool. The staff were extremely friendly, welcoming, and nice. The food was great as well (we ordered about half of the appetizers on the menu). As the place just opened, there were a few kinks in the services to be worked out, but that's to be expected only having been open a few days. I must say that the music selection was perfect. Given the space, view, music, and vibes, this place has the potential to feel like a real Miami Beach rooftop bar during the peak season. Looking forward to coming back and spending time at this bar in the summer!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
RavelGM, General Manager at Ravel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Dear Adam G,
Thank you for sharing your latest your experience at our rooftop venue. We offer all our guests an eclectic experience offering a vast array of food offerings and cocktails that are created by our adroit chefs and mixologists. We strive to continuously instill everlasting impressions on guests such as yourself.
Come back, enjoy the breath taking view of the NYC Skyline again and let me personally insure that the service that we will provide you will be flawless. Perhaps I can recommend some of my favorite savories…

Reviewed 27 June 2017

Stayed the night of June 20th as it was conveniently located to our daughter in Brooklyn at a reasonable rate for NY. Checked in around 7:30pm so went to upstairs bar and restaurant. Restaurant had a high school prom/affair that ran till about 11pm and we had a delightful dinner with creative Korean flair.
Noise from prom and/or subsequent cleanup rattled into early am hours and upon wakeup call at 6am, noticed crawling from my pillow a creature that I wish not to mention. Given the food from the restaurant and construction across the street,
I understand, yet chic hotels such as Ravel with its promotional opportunities should invest in a solid preventive exterminating program to eliminate what would have a been a positive memorable stay.
We mentioned via telephone to check out staff; they were unaware of an evening event.
Convenience and price has its consequences.
Respectfully submitted.

Room Tip: great view of NY skyline and good NY style chic estaurant
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank nkoenigconcepthouse
Reviewed 22 June 2017

I checked into this hotel on Saturday night with my fiancé for a romantic night away. After a couple of minutes in our room we discovered a dead pigeon in the room. The room had bird feces all over it. it seemed as if the bird was in there for a very long time ( meaning that the room was not cleaned before we checked in. I called room service and the first question that i was asked was if i knew how the bird got there (SERIOUSLY?) our room was changed and a complimentary bottle of champagne was given to us. After a couple of minutes of being in the room we were startled by unwanted guest ( HUGE ROACES). I paid 325.00 for this room and I believe that its unacceptable for things like this to happen and when you complain to management about it all that they can say is if you'd like we can give you 25% off your next stay (why would i ever stay at this hotel?) onto of all of that they double charged me for the parking fee. i honestly would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
12  Thank Geraldine P
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

PERFECT ROOF TOP LUXURY WEDDING: BOOK IT! THERE IS NO BETTER PLACE... and here is why... my husband and I met here 7 years ago and just got married on Memorial Day Weekend 2017- our 7 year anniversary! From the moment we did the first walk through with Elyse, Delores and Betsy, we knew we were in great hands! We soon met Benny and his entire team as well who worked closely with Elyse, Delores and Betsy so that we never wanted or needed anything! They were the most professional, service oriented team that I have ever had the pleasure to work with and treated us like family!!! Elyse, Delores, Betsy and Benny took care of every single detail from managing the construction of a custom black and white dance floor on the roof top, to making sure our Chuppah, was ready, and ensuring their staff secured every single wedding detail we prepared down to the place setting, welcome table, cocktail hour and dinner station signs, slide show, after party, pre-cocktail party, the list goes on and on and absolutely nothing was missed for our almost 200 guest wedding!!! In fact, our guests are still talking about our wedding which definitely broke the internet as the best wedding or party they have ever had the pleasure of attending!! Everyone commented on the impeccable service and my husband and I agree that we were treated like celebrities the entire time, we even had our own security team at the after party who stayed with us the entire time ensuring we were happy as Chus and Ceballos brought us into the morning hours and we closed down the place! The food is absolutely amazing and again every detail and special request we made was attended to immediately. We even had a surprise special performance by the rapper Cam'ron planned for our guests and worked closely with Amed and our DJ Petey to ensure it went smoothly and it sure did! Booking rooms at the venue was extremely easy with Julissa as well, we had over 80 guests spend the night and dropped welcome bags which the staff took great care of and made sure our guests were treated well! Honestly, I can not say enough about the entire Ravel team. If you are looking for a dreamy New York City wedding with incredible views, 5 star food, and impeccable service from a team who goes out of their way to make you feel like family, there is NO better place! I highly recommend the Ravel without reservation and can not wait to see they entire team again soon as I know we will be back to visit because the place and people really mean so much to us!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
RavelGM, General Manager at Ravel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Dear Valued Guests,

To be a part of a once in a lifetime event is a true honor. We are eternally grateful that you had your wedding at The Ravel Hotel. It was a true privilege hosting your wedding. It was a dream come true.
How was the honeymoon?
Our staff thoroughly enjoyed interacting with your friends and family.
Hosting world renowned DJs like Chus and Cellabos was also an honor. It turned out to be an amazing event. It happened to be their last stop in The U.S. before heading to Bulgaria.
So, on behalf of all of us here at The Ravel, a huge thank you and please know that your newly wedded husband and you are part of our family. We cannot wait for you to celebrate many more special occasions with us.
As we say here at the Ravel, it is all about the details!