“needs sprucing up!”

County Inn and Suites Long Island City
Ranked #28 of 34 Hotels in Long Island City
Reviewed 19 September 2017

It's never a good sign when you go to check in and the front desk clerk tells you he hates his job. We were given a room around 5 PM and we went went to drop off our luggage, the housekeeping staff was in the room, sheets were on the floor and obviously the room wasn't clean. They told us it would be ready in 5 minutes. They were working on numerous rooms at once. Yuck. We requested a switch and were given another room that was fine. The entire place needs sprucing up...carpets stained, furniture dirty, towels and sheets rather gray and thin. As a bonus, coffee in the morning was cold. Certainly not the best representation of the Country Inn brand. There are much nicer places to stay in the area.

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank Jean D
Chetan P, Guest Relations Manager at County Inn and Suites Long Island City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Jean D,

Thank you for sharing your experience, and I am very sorry for the inconveniences that you encountered during your stay. It is distressing to hear that you encountered a number of issues with our housekeeping and guest services and I want you to know that we take your comments very seriously and are working hard and fast to address these problems in hopes of improving upon the guest experience. We hope you can consider us again after the experience you had in us. We promise you a better service and a professional staff.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,883)

Reviewed 19 September 2017

We are Carlson Gold members and this is now our go to hotel in NYC, and our second stay here. The hotel is not going to wow you with it's looks, but the rooms are clean and relatively spacious compared to other places we've stayed, and the staff aims to help.

We came in really late this time and they quickly set up a crib and a rollaway bed in our room. They even put is in the larger king size room to accommodate those items with no extra charge.That was so welcoming after our previous night at a different hotel in a tiny room. It made us so happy.

The breakfast spread is good and everyone in my family had something they ate. The walk from the Queensboro Plaza is very short, and it's a short taxi ride to LGA. The area around is safe and clean.

Do note that there is no welcome amenity for Carlson status members here; I asked and they just don't honor that benefit.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Don K,

It is Wonderful to hear from you and learn you enjoyed your stay and found our location to be convenient for your needs being within walking distance to dining and other activities. Thank you so much for your compliments, rating and review of our high housekeeping and hospitality standards. We appreciate the time you've taken to share and we hope to serve you with another stay soon.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

The hotel is a great bass if you want to go do site seeing in New York, with easy access to busses and trains that take you to Manhattan .The hotel is clean and the staff were friendly. The only thing that let this hotel down was its breakfast. It was served at 6am and i would get there for 6.10 and it was cold .other than that I have no complaints.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Chetan P, Guest Relations Manager at County Inn and Suites Long Island City, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Amy L,

Thank you so much for your kind comments and review regarding your most recent stay at the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New York City in Queens Hotel. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location, our high standards of housekeeping and our friendly and welcoming staff. We also appreciate your ideas for improving on our breakfast service, and we look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Before I write my review , I want to question why would anyone give them 5*? Apparently some people like poor service and rude staff and/or microwaved breakfast.

But As an optimist person lets start with the good things:
Compare to New York prices it is a "cheap" hotel. And the location is good (15-20 mins. From the centre).
Aaaaaaaaand that's all about the good things.

Negatives:
When we arrived at the accommodation it was just 10 a.m. So we have been told we have to wait until 14 pm. We were really tired as we came from London, but it is fine check in times usually set by 2 pm. We put our luggages next to the main desk. I was little bit concern about this... no room for our luggages , there were at least 10 different luggages placed in there next to the main door. Anyways we came back 3pm as I wanted to be sure we can rest finally. We went to the main desk , we got the keys . As soon as we arrived to the room , the housekeeping staff just barely started the room, rubbish /dirty linen and mess inside. They said just few minutes and they are ready. I waited 5 minutes and then I made my way down to the reception... I mean , we pay for a room that is not even ready? Not even half ready? The guy called the staff and he started to argue with us a little like : oh but they just need to hoover up and that's it " ....And when his colleague has seen the dissatisfaction on my face he kindly (kindly") told him to : "give them another one then". But these sentences were really rude the way they said them. They felt like they do me a favour to not to make me wait anymore...
Then when we arrived at the room... I was super shocked like never before. Guys I have never seen such a dirty/old/refurbishmentneeded room in my life...
dirt on the room /on the tiles. The sink was stinking . The microwave had greasy fingerprints on it . I had a cup with that white cover on it when I lifted it up it still had coffee inside(!!!!) until the last day we left(!!!!) . I had opened the soap and inside the package there was a hair , hair on the bed and inside the shower. Mulled spots everywhere on the wall . The linen were dirty and yellowish/ and had some weird make up stain... the fridge was extremely disgusting I would never think to put my food inside there . Black spots on the carpet all over the room.
There are too many things to talk about , I think it's better if you check the pictures that I took with my iPad .
People with the 5* or even 3* reviews are insane or maybe they have the same environment in their everyday life. Don't even listen to them or read their reviews it's all a lie seriously.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Chetan P, Guest Relations Manager at County Inn and Suites Long Island City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Boglárka B,

Thank you for completing our guest satisfaction survey and letting us know about your recent experience at our hotel. We want you to know that we take your comments to heart and that we are continuously discussing and implementing new ways to improve upon the guest experience at our hotel.We hope you'll return someday to see how we have addressed and improved upon the issues that you have expressed, thanks to your valuable feedback.

Reviewed 13 September 2017