“New York trip”

Best Western Long Island City
Ranked #25 of 34 Hotels in Long Island City
Reviewed 22 July 2017

Our 5pm flight was delayed to 7, then to 8:30, then to 9:30, then to 10:30, and finally cancelled at 11:00. We were given a list of hotel recommendations so we started calling for a room and Best Western was the only one with a room to let. We checked in at 12 pm. The room was not clean but we were tired and stayed. The toilet would not flush correctly. My wife while showering the sewage backed up in the shower. I didn't take a shower! The breakfast was subpar to say the least. This was the worst Best Western I have ever seen if was a Best Western because the Logo was not the normal Best Western sign. The room had a very unusual smell. I could go on but read the review before you book.

Room Tip: Look at the room and flush the toilet before you pay.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank daei1972
Hemant M, General Manager at Best Western Long Island City, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Dear Daei1972,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay with Best Western Long Island City.

I am very sorry that our services did not exceed your expectations.

Please contact me at 718-706-6700 or email Queenshotelgm@gmail.com so we can discuss you experience.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

Hotel was located a corner away from a bus stop and a 5 minute walk to the subway. The neighborhood was homey and felt safe, even when returning to the hotel late in the evening. Great service received, staff was accommodating and friendly!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank joannalL2856KE
Hemant M, General Manager at Best Western Long Island City, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Dear Joannail2856E,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay with the Best Western LIC.

I am happy our accommodation and services meet your expectation.

Thank you again for the great review and hope to see you again future.

H. Mohan

Reviewed 19 July 2017

Oh my goodness where do I begin ? Our family were expecting a great couple of nights at this hotel . What we got was insects biting our kids , broken sink plumbing , toilet not flushing properly to the point where we almost had an over flow. The breakfast consisted of hard boil eggs and or cheese omelet , the rooms had a bad oder, one staff was extremely rude when I asked for a bed sheet. Next time we visit family in New York will not stay at this location.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank 587doriss

Dear 587doriss,

Reviewed 18 July 2017

We had a nice time!!! The only issue I had was the location. It is next to the Highway makes it a little bit noisy. I am a light sleepe.. I would definitely recommend to my friends..... One more aspect, I have to write 200 letters....

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pierresM9669KD

Dear Pierresm966kd,

On behalf of the staff of Best Western LIC I want to thank you for the review regarding your recent stay at our property. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights, It was a good experience in general. The check-in was very friendly, they offered a welcome bag for us. free wifi, free parking, the parking spaces are limited, maybe you'll not be able to park inside the first night, keep an eye early in the next morning. The room was clean, microwave and mini-fridge working properly. The bathroom was clean. The complimentary breakfast was good, by son even got a gift, a 'To-Go' breakfast, there were Best Western tag waffles. The location is ok too, the subway station is only blocks away. No wow factor but I'd stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family