“What a difference a year makes”

and 1 more site!
Best Western Long Island City
Ranked #25 of 34 Hotels in Long Island City
Reviewed 18 August 2017

The location is still great but that's about it. Front desk staff was sleeping when I got there and I had to wake him up to check in. Plumbing needs work, it took about 5 minutes to get water hot enough to take a shower.
Would I stay here again? Not a chance.

Room Tip: try another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Hemant M, Manager at Best Western Long Island City, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2017

Dear Theemb,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay with Best Western Long Island City.

I am very sorry that our services did not exceed your expectations.

Please contact me at 718-706-6700 or email Queenshotelgm@gmail.com so we can discuss you experience.

H. Mohan

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Chantel at the desk , the breakfast host worked hard to Please the many guests from all over the world. Not to far to the 40th St 7 train Into the city . Our room was 2 double.beds with fridge and microwave , with corner store and restraunts near the subway make a easy stay for a family visiting New York on a budget.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Stayed there because of price. Since it was the least expensive one I found, I knew there was a chance it might not be a good hotel. However, room was clean, staff was pleasant and helpful. Rooms are small, but hey, it's NYC. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank kennethhN5208TR
Reviewed 11 August 2017

I stayed at this Best Western for 3 days with my family in room 316. The room was good and the beds were very comfortable, overall the room was great!! They also had breakfast every morning which consisted of cheese omelettes, boiled eggs, waffles, cereal, yogurt, bagels, etc. The first day that we arrived at this hotel, we were looking forward to eat some breakfast, but we arrived a little late, around 9:45. We saw the breakfast lady cleaning the area because the breakfast was closing. However, the breakfast lady, i believe her name was Tagy, was very kind and gave me, my wife, and my daughter breakfast. She was very friendly and nice, which I really liked, the breakfast area was very clean. Also, the train was very nearby, which was very convenient because we went to Times Square afterwards. There was also parking, but it was limited, but i was fine with that because we came to the hotel with a taxi. Overall, this hotel was one of the best hotels I ever came to!!! I will definitely be coming back soon!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank 698ruben
Reviewed 9 August 2017

The place is nice for the price, but you must walk a mile to catch the train into times square and not a walk to make at night. You also make that same walk if you want a place to eat. That is petes diner which is like a dennys but is ten times better in food and service, The bad parts are really no breakfast and the toilets are so small I cant imagine how a larger person could use it. Also they will tell you their message system does not work either. In 5 days never say the manager, makes me wonder if they really care about their hotel. Hskg though was very good. Front desk agents were nice but seemed to lack a lot of the necessary knowledge you would expect them to know and cant give larger bill change. Also use carmel to get their not a cab, cheaper and their is very very limited parking.

Stayed: August 2017