“Illegal practice”
Review of JetBlue

Reviewed 12 April 2021

The flights were delayed because of weather. my flight was due to take off at 8:15pm it got delayed to 12am. I go to the counter to find out what is going on. They tell me weather and he offers me a Wednesday flight for 227 dollars each. I paid 1200 dollars to get home Sunday night. I said ok I will take the Wednesday flight. he tells me he has to call someone. he tells me he is on hold for a time please wait on the side while he takes of costumers. then he comes to me tells me to give him my phone number and to got back to my hotel and he will contact me when it is done. I call Monday morning they tell me I am booked on Wednesday flight at 12:30pm but there is no difference in the rate, and I should be happy it is not more money. (really that is what they said) I said I would have waited at the airport because I cannot afford to pay for the hotel and car and have no credit on my card for the difference in rate. nothing they can due. this is illegal in any business you cannot not tell someone the cost is one price and then charge them another and then they tell you to be happy.

3  Thank christravelM
Write a reviewReviews (17,727)

Reviewed 12 April 2021

My husband had a business trip to Vietnam that entailed him making a connecting flight from Boston to San Francisco. He arrived at the airport over three hours early and was told flippantly by JetBlue staff at check-in that he was not in their system, despite having a ticket. Since his flight was booked through Singapore Airlines, he called the airline to see what the hang up was. Apparently, his name was booked in reverse due to an error, which he tried to explain to the JetBlue staff. The staff quickly dismissed his queries for assistance and he missed his flight, which cost over $3000 in total. Upon calling JetBlue to get to try to understand this issue, we were placed on hold for 2 hours and later hung up on by the customer service representative. The lack of consumer protection and proper methods to vocalize criticism have been shocking. Colleagues who had identical tickets/name ordering were all able to arrive in Vietnam, while he was the only one who was rejected--- Unsurprisingly, I was also the only one to have a JetBlue connection.

• Customer service
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank 81macyz
Reviewed 12 April 2021

This isn’t a review of the flight as it is the customer service. I’ve currently been on hold for almost 2 hours because JetBlue changed our flight from April 13th to April 14th with less than 24 hours notice. We have to be back on the 13th and can’t even get anyone on the phone or text. Absolutely unacceptable customer service. If I have to fly another airline tomorrow, I better receive 100% refund NOT TRUE BLUE POINTS for the inconvenience. We booked JetBlue and not another cheaper airline bc my experience with them in the past has been great. Extremely disappointed with the service today.

1  Thank Courtneycks
Reviewed 12 April 2021

Today we were supposed to be back to our reality of work and school but jetblue had other plans. We had an AMAZING trip and continued to do so until we got an email 2 hours after our connecting flight left 10 hours before it was scheduled to.

We spent 4 hours on hold and 2 hours at the check in desk trying to find a solution. Our "solution" ended up being us flying from Orlando to Boston to stay the night in the airport and then leave in the morning for New York to then go to Detroit.

Well then our flight got delayed. And delayed. Then canceled because of weather.. Then booked a new flight. It was then delayed. And delayed. And again because they were looking for a pilot and flight attendants. They then waited until 1:30 in the morning to cancel it. We then had to get a hotel and try to find a new flight. Guess what, according to jetblue we can't get home until Thrusday night MAYBE because it would be standby.

While my family slept for a few hours, I continued to be on a 3 hour hold until 5:30 in the morning for them to only tell us that we could get a flight to New York and then stay the night there and fly to Detroit on Thursday.

This morning, I went straight to the airport to see if we could get a better flight while being on hold yet again for another 2 1/2 hours I eventually got us a flight through American Airlines for Wednesday morning that the JetBlue employee said didn't exist

So now, we wait, while missing school & work (without pay). Guess what jetblue has to say about all of this... because it was due to "weather" and not the fact that they couldn't get a pilot or flight attendants they are not going to help ANY of us who got stranded. There is no compensation, no remorse, in fact we witnessed TWO employees leave their desk and never return to finish helping the customer, and if you want a refund you get a credit to fly their crap airline.

Truly have never experienced anything like this from any other airline.

Bottom line, jetblue you suck!

2  Thank U9290EQangelaw
Reviewed 12 April 2021

They canceled flight due to thunder storm that lasted few hours. I get it — safety first. But what they did is unacceptable - they decided not to do additional flight flight, and only option to fly 3 days later. No reimbursement for hotels or food, nothing. They dont care, they only care about saving their money. Thanks for ruining my vacation, last time flying with JetBlue

1  Thank 531anatolyk
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.