“Had a birthday party at the Restaurant great food and service”
Review of Ripe Tomato

Ripe Tomato
Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in Malta
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located in beautiful Saratoga County, the Ripe Tomato is a friendly, family-owned and operated dining experience that sets it apart from chain restaurants. We offer simple, hearty Italian and American fare prepared using fresh, local ingredients.
Reviewed 21 December 2017

We have been going to the Ripe Tomato for many years but mainly with just a small family group. This time we had a birthday party with eighteen people attending and the food and service were great and did not disappoint. We were not rushed out after our meal and everyone enjoyed themselves in the room that we had off the main dining area. Would recommend for couples, family and large groups.

Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

We have been going to the Ripe Tomato for many years. Scallop and Shimp bisque is the best. A few more taps at the bar would be a welcome addition. The bar is stocked very well.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

The Ripe Tomato is a great place. The food is always great,,the price is reasonable, and the ambience is home town. I have to remind them I do cook at home sometimes!!! This is a habitual weekly stop. Try the daily specials they are great...

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

I want to first thank the Malta Diner for dropping the ball. We originally went there for breakfast because we dropped my wife’s car off at Monroe for an oil change. We sat there for almost 10 minutes with no sign of our server so we left. If they were more competent we would never have discovered brunch at the Ripe Tomato.

Anyway... let’s talk about positive experiences. We were driving north on Route 9 and we saw plenty of cars parked in the Ripe Tomato parking lot. Both my wife and I were unaware that they were open this early on a Sunday (it was 11:15).

The buffet was fresh including penne a la vodka and it was delicious. The cook manning the omelette station made awesome omelettes, the cook making waffles made amazing crepes and our server was friendly and attentive. I can’t say enough good things about my experience at the Ripe Tomato today. I will definitely be be back in the future.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

Picked up a birthday cake for my daughter from a woman in Malta and my wife suggested going out to eat while we were in that area. I've heard of the Ripe Tomato for years and have wanted to try it so that is where we went. Food was great and plentiful (we each took as much home with us as we ate at the restaurant), service was great and efficient, prices were reasonable and menu choices were many. We will be returning with the family at some point...hopefully soon.